Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to control order of imported images?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to control order of imported images?

Hello,
    I am importing a Main Image, Additional Product Image 1 and Additional Product Image 2.

Whatever I do (like changing the column order) the order of the images is Additional Product Image 1, Additional Product Image 2 and then Main Image.

Is there a way I can make sure that Main Image is the first image to be shown, and the first on the thumbnail list?

thanks
    Sam

Re: How to control order of imported images?

Dear Sam,

I believe in the newest Version it puts them in by Alphabetical Order. So, if you are using the latest version then name them in alpha order.
    Thank You,

Nerd Boy

http://www.nerdboyinc.com

1-855-Nerd-Boy

Comment

Does this mean that Additional Product Image 1 will always be in front of Main Image?

Is there a way to force the Main Image to be the one that is always displayed first (other than by changing the order)?

Thanks
      Sam

Comment

If I recall correctly it should use the order of the images in your import file but there was a bug on this fixed in Version 9. What version of Miva are you on?
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

I did try changing the order of the columns so that Main Image would be last, or in the middle. It did not change the order in the product or the display.
          I am on
          Miva Merchant 5.5
          Production Release 8 Update 12
          Miva Merchant Engine v5.12
          Database API: mysql

Does this help?
          Sam

Comment

If I recall correctly it should use the order of the images in your import file but there was a bug on this fixed in Version 9. What version of Miva are you on?
            Glad to hear this was resolved in MM9. That was an ugly one.

Comment

Working...
            X