Issues with 9 from a User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with 9 from a User

Wow. Seems to be a lot of people applauding version 9. I wish I was one of hem, but right now I'm having a variety of issues. So let me lay them out here,and hopefully I can get some help.

1. On the homepage, Under "Additional Resources, I clicked on the PDF Instruction Manual, and got a manual for PR8
    2. I can't have two people logged in at the same time without buying a license.
    3. I can't figure out how to only display assigned items under categories.
    4. I don't see a template or any instruction on how to do a product import.
    5. I see no ability to have an inventory quantity, and to automatically take an item off sale when the inventory is zero.
    6. I see my template data feed under Utilities, and it tells me the last time it was run, but I do not see any way to run a new one.

I'm sure there's more, but some of these are pretty significant for me. Maybe I could figure some of them out if I had documentation, but I don't. Please help.

Larry Phillips
    www.4stampsales.com

Issues from a User

Wow. Seems to be a lot of people applauding version 9. I wish I was one of hem, but right now I'm having a variety of issues. So let me lay them out here,and hopefully I can get some help.

1. On the homepage, Under "Additional Resources, I clicked on the PDF Instruction Manual, and got a manual for PR8
    2. I can't have two people logged in at the same time without buying a license.
    3. I can't figure out how to only display assigned items under categories.
    5. I see no ability to have an inventory quantity, and to automatically take an item off sale when the inventory is zero.
    6. I see my template data feed under Utilities, and it tells me the last time it was run, but I do not see any way to run a new one.

I'm sure there's more, but some of these are pretty significant for me. Maybe I could figure some of them out if I had documentation, but I don't. Please help.

Comment

Re: Issues with 9 from a User

Larry:

There are definitely some rough areas, but I think most of them will be addressed quickly. #1 is definitely an oops. #2 was covered over the last month, it is a big change and will cause a lot of pain while people try to change their habits, but it makes business sense even though I personally will curse it for many months. #3 I think Rick mentioned in another thread and was an oversight which will be rectified in the first update. #4 and #6 I have no idea on, maybe someone else can chime in.

On #5 (inventory), it appears to be the same as in 5.5, but moved to a different location. What I remember of inventory is that it is a two step process: Enable inventory tracking globally, and then enable it per product.

For global: go to Home > Catalog > Inventory. Check Track Inventory, and hide out of stock products etc.
      For product: go to Home > Catalog > Products. Edit a product. On the Edit Product page, choose the Inventory tab. There you check Track product. You also need to Increase the inventory count which seems to always start at 0.

Hope this helps. Everything has moved around and some things have new names. My #1 tip is to use the Bookmark feature. It is one of those 'why didn't they do this years ago' features. If you finally find something, bookmark it. You'll thank me later.
      Gordon Currie
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

#1 will be fixed early next week. In the mean time we've released roughly 60 videos covering Version 9, check them out at www.miva.com/videos
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

It's under Data Management and it works identically to Version 8.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

Thank you for the replies Gordon and Rick.

Comment

I am not able to find the MM9 videos - just the MM5 stuff. I watched the webinar for MM9. What is the direct link to the MM9 videos?

Comment

Hmm. I did find some videos - they won't load on Chrome - but ok on IE

Comment

www.miva.com/videos and there's a banner in the middle for version 9 videos.
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon - Phosphor Media View Post
                    Larry:

Hope this helps. Everything has moved around and some things have new names. My #1 tip is to use the Bookmark feature. It is one of those 'why didn't they do this years ago' features. If you finally find something, bookmark it. You'll thank me later.
                    I would love to use the bookmark feature, but I can't figure out how to do it. Could you please explain how one bookmarks a page?

Thanks,
                    Steve

Comment

Steve,

Go to a page you want to bookmark and in the upper right corner you'll see a small red bookmark ribbon, just click it.

Now that Page is bookmarked.
                      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                      CEO
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Miva 9: I can't find the template for the template based merchant confirmation email. What I see looks like the old non template merchant confirmation.
                        I'm in Order Fulfillment Settings>Template based Emails. What am I doing wrong?

I found it. Click on the template and then the edit "button" for the template is displayed.

Next: How do I delete the old merchant email notification which I added while trying to understand how the template emails are edited?
                        Later: found it, it's in another tab, the delete tab.

Larry
                        Last edited by wajake41; 11-16-14, 11:23 AM.
                        Larry
                        Luce Kanun Web Design
                        www.facebook.com/wajake41
                        www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

Comment

Is it really necessary to have a three inch high commercial for Mivacon at the top of the home page that we need to scroll past every time so that we can get down to business. I think a one inch ad would get the message across just fine.

Comment

This is the same add size that was in Versions 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 for what it's worth.

Also you can go straight to what you're doing from the top bar (again as a tip) instead of scrolling down to the quicklinks. I think the bigger issue comes to monitor size, on my monitors it's a non issue, I don't need to scroll to see it all. I do see how it would be far more annoying on a small screen and we'll consider that.
                            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                            CEO
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]

Comment

If Larry is talking about the Emporium Plus Template Data Feed creation tool, you can access it from doing a search, but you cannot bookmark it (or at least I can't). There is no bookmark icon in the upper-right for me. The icon doesn't even show up if I access it from the Utilities>Template Data Feed menu item.

Comment

Working...
                              X