Order status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order status

After canceling the only item on an order it still shows processing in the admin? Am I missing a new step?
    Mark Hood
    Vermont Gear

Re: Order status

No, no new steps in order processing. Did you cancel the item, but leave the order?
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
      No, no new steps in order processing. Did you cancel the item, but leave the order?
      not quite sure what you mean no we did not delete the order. I thought that if you canceled all items on the order it used to make the status automatically canceled. I'll have to play around with it more tomorrow.
      Mark Hood
      Vermont Gear

Comment

It should work the same as version 8, I haven't tested in a while but I think you'd have to delete the order too.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Well this seems terrible since won't that mean the customer can not use the order history if we do this?
          We really need to be able to change the status of an order without having to delete it.

This is not how 5.5 did this.

Also getting error messages when adding items to an order (using chrome haven't tried others)
          Miva Merchant returned an invalid response.
          Function: OrderItem_Add
          Response:

If I then click off the order and back on the item has actually been added to the order
          Mark Hood
          Vermont Gear

Comment

Also canceling that item gives me this error.

Miva Merchant returned an invalid response.
            Function: OrderItemList_Cancel
            Response:
            Mark Hood
            Vermont Gear

Comment

Can you send me some screen shots, I think there's a miscommunication here.

The one thing I can say is we didn't change the underlying logic in order management at all, so however it worked before is how it should work now.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

Screen shots coming but I guess I could be doing something wrong, but what would the directions be in order to mark an order as canceled?
                Last edited by Mark Hood; 11-15-14, 06:38 AM.
                Mark Hood
                Vermont Gear

Comment

Still working on the screen shots but figured out how to recreate the problem.

If you place an order for an item without attribute/variants then canceling the order works as it should when all items on the order are canceled it is marked canceled.

If an order is placed by the customer on the site that has attributes/variants and you cancel the item from the order it does not cancel correctly. It actually greys out the item line but does not grey out the attributes.
                  Last edited by Mark Hood; 11-15-14, 06:50 AM.
                  Mark Hood
                  Vermont Gear

Comment

I'm also going through the template changes now...http://www.miva.com/version9-template-changes to see if it has any effect on my order status problems however...

Really surprised they are exampled the way they are because it probably confuse a lot of people.
                    For instance the change to Search page says it's currently

<div id="search">
                    <form method="post" action="http://www.miva.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SRCH">
                    <input type="hidden" name="Store_Code" value="MIVA" />
                    <input type="text" name="Search" id="searchfield" value="" class="textfield" />
                    <mvt:item name="buttons" param="Search" />
                    </form>
                    </div>

and to change it to the below code which appears identical but is also miva.com specific

<div id="search">
                    <form method="post" action="http://www.miva.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SRCH">
                    <input type="hidden" name="Store_Code" value="MIVA" />
                    <input type="text" name="Search" id="searchfield" value="" class="textfield" />
                    <mvt:item name="buttons" param="Search" />
                    </form>
                    </div>
                    Mark Hood
                    Vermont Gear

Comment

Last edited by Mark Hood; 11-15-14, 09:20 AM.
                      Mark Hood
                      Vermont Gear

Comment

I agree the template changes documentation is confusing if you don't know to change the references to miva.com and the session id's. Some may assume it is correct because it says "miva.com". Instead of snippets on the complicated pages it should be find on line xxx and replace with this code. Also a reference to the full clean new Miva 9 code would be beneficial for those who migrated from 5.5 PR8 Update 12 to Miva 9 and did not make any changes to the templates. That way you could just cut and paste in the completely new correct template code.

Or even better make it part of the History function, so you to revert to the new default original Miva 9 template (Kayako does this).
                        Jon

Viscott Limited
                        www.viscott.com

Comment

Originally posted by Viscott View Post
                          I agree the template changes documentation is confusing if you don't know to change the references to miva.com and the session id's. Some may assume it is correct because it says "miva.com". Instead of snippets on the complicated pages it should be find on line xxx and replace with this code. Also a reference to the full clean new Miva 9 code would be beneficial for those who migrated from 5.5 PR8 Update 12 to Miva 9 and did not make any changes to the templates. That way you could just cut and paste in the completely new correct template code.

Or even better make it part of the History function, so you to revert to the new default original Miva 9 template (Kayako does this).
                          I couldn't agree more.
                          Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
                          Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

Hi Mark

I have been unable to reproduce these issues in my test store. Can you open a service ticket and let me know the ticket number so we can take a closer look at what is happening for you?

Thanks

-Eric
                            Eric Foresman
                            Software Tester
                            Miva Merchant
                            http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Foresman View Post
                              Hi Mark

I have been unable to reproduce these issues in my test store. Can you open a service ticket and let me know the ticket number so we can take a closer look at what is happening for you?

Thanks

-Eric
                              I actually already opened a ticket but have no idea what the number was...
                              Mark Hood
                              Vermont Gear

Comment

Working...
                              X