Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MM9 Coupon how-to?

Originally posted by aarcmedia View Post
    Yeah, this has proven to be a huge pain in the butt. As I type this, I'm setting up a 10% basket coupon, and I have to assign it to 8000 products. It takes forever. I only have 4 more coupons that I have to do this for after this one.
    Are you doing this manually, one at a time? Ouch.

I just watched the videos on Price Groups/Coupons and tried to do a few that we have done in our Emporium Plus Coupon module. I really like the setup and options on the new module but the above is a deal killer unless I'm missing something. We often run a special on one brand of product. With the Emporium Plus coupon module, we just copied and pasted a list of product codes into the text box and those were the only ones eligible. I could not find a way to do this in the new module.

We have Custom Fields set up for each Brand and I was able to add those to the columns shown in the Discounted Products screen but it appears those are not searchable.

Hopefully I'm missing something and maybe there is an Import option that's easy?

Comment

Mikel,

Did you see Brennan's answer, for Basket coupons this isn't necessary.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
        Mikel,

Did you see Brennan's answer, for Basket coupons this isn't necessary.
        Correct, but I'm referring to a specific product list discount. Let's say I have 4000 products in my store, 300 of those are from Brand A. I want to offer free shipping only on the 300 products from Brand A. I see two buttons above, one that says Qualifying Products and the other that says Discounted Products (which I'm not sure what the difference is there either other than the video referred to Discounted Products). When I bring up that window, it appears I have to select those 300 individual products one at a time unless I'm able to do a search for the products I want and select all in the search result. But the only thing I have to search by is my Custom Field titled Brand and it does not appear that custom fields are searchable.

Now that I look closer, it does not appear that it has all of the options the Emporium Plus module has either, specifically percentage off and free shipping (in case we want to offer 5% off along w free shipping). Perhaps I'm still missing something and perhaps these are options that will come down the road as updates happen with new features. After all, Bill's modules didn't start out of the gate will all the features of today either, they evolved over time.
        Last edited by mikel; 05-17-15, 11:33 AM.

Comment

You are correct, that custom field are currently not searchable via the batch list search. We will be adding the ability in a future update. However, you can do what you want now using an inactive category. Create a non active category for your brand you want to include in the discount. If all you have is the custom field to identify them you can sort them in excel and assign them to this new category. You will only have to do this a single time.

Once you have all products from that brand assigned to the category, when assigning products to a price group click the search menu (looks like a sprocket next the search bar) and choose advanced search. Here, find the category filter and search for all product in your new category you created. You can then use ctrl+a on the keyboard to select all records and assign just that brands products to your price group.

You can also do 5% off shipping (or any shipping discount). You would need to create a separate price group (a coupon can apply one or multiple price groups). When creating the price group you would select "Shipping Discount" as the type. It will then allow you on a per shipping method basis add a fixed or percent based discount to the rate.
          Brennan Heyde
          VP Product
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks, Brennan. Once again, great info and much appreciated.

I'm still wrapping my head around the v9 update but the videos are helping as are the forum threads. There is certainly a lot to like so far.

Comment

Working...
            X