Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google WMT error: Googlebot can't access your site

Received a email from Google...

Over the last 24 hours, Googlebot encountered 125 errors while attempting to connect to your site. Your site's overall connection failure rate is 2.0%.

All errors related to server connectivity. On 11-16, Google had 125/6225=/2.0% errors. On 11-17, Google had 3.0% errors (76/2904) (I guess Google rounds up)

On the WMT page, shows all errors were SITE errors. 100% of the errors were connect timeouts.

Is this something on my side or is this with the host? I host with Miva FWIW

Re: Google WMT error: Googlebot can't access your site

If they have given you an exact time, we can search your logs to see what was hitting the site at the time. If the issue occurred at random and hasn't repeat, many times it's the bot that was scheduled at the time in question or for the 76 pages it attempted (of 2904). Many times there will be other googlebots in the logs at the exact same time as the errors.
    David Hubbard
    CIO
    Miva
    [email protected]
    http://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveHostasaurus View Post
      If they have given you an exact time, we can search your logs to see what was hitting the site at the time. If the issue occurred at random and hasn't repeat, many times it's the bot that was scheduled at the time in question or for the 76 pages it attempted (of 2904). Many times there will be other googlebots in the logs at the exact same time as the errors.
      It has happened each day starting 11/14 (4 days in a row so far, 11/14, 11/15, 11/16, 11/17)
      Never have had this many days in a row with errors.

Should I just ignore and see what happens? A little concerned that Googlebot will start crawling fewer of my pages (I have over 200k products).

Also since you're the hosting expert, is there any way to indicate to Google it's ok to hit more than 3000-4000 pages per day?

Comment

Got another error on 11/18: 89/3322 - another 3% day

Any thoughts....

Comment

As far as I know you can't tell Google to increase their crawl speed or duration of scans per day, you can only tell them to slow down from default if they're causing an issue. I'd recommend opening a ticket on this instance and email the ID to me to check out.
          David Hubbard
          CIO
          Miva
          [email protected]
          http://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
          X