Ability to open in a new tab gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ability to open in a new tab gone?

Enjoying the increase work speed of 9 however don't know if it's just me, but I found the ability to open a product, page etc in a new tab or window really useful, with 9 it seems now when I right right click to do this it just defaults to my store front? and does that regardless of browsers, anyone else finding this a problem?
    Steve Gerard
    www.flyshop.co.nz

Re: Ability to open in a new tab gone?

This isn't quite true. You can open in a second tab (as long as it's the same browser).

What you can't do any longer is right click and do that, but you can have two side by side tabs in the same browser without any issues.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

For the record, that's an outcome of the "Javascriptization" of the Admin.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Rick, I found it very useful workflow wise, open a product in a new tab, make changes the changes to it, work on several open tabs at the same time, then you're straight back to the original tab without loosing your place, now you need to search again to get back to where you were which adds time. Can still get back using the back button, but the search is still gone so has to be repeated. Signing in on a new window doesn't give that same workflow, be nice to have it back if it's possible I think
        Steve Gerard
        www.flyshop.co.nz

Comment

Steve,

I get that, I don't believe it's possible to get back exactly how it used to work. But I think we understand the "intent" and I'll talk to Dev to see if there's any options.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by SteveG View Post
            Enjoying the increase work speed of 9 however don't know if it's just me, but I found the ability to open a product, page etc in a new tab or window really useful, with 9 it seems now when I right right click to do this it just defaults to my store front? and does that regardless of browsers, anyone else finding this a problem?
            Just a quick question because I'm trying to understand what you are doing? Are you working on multiple products at the same time?
            Mark Hood
            Vermont Gear

Comment

Yes Mark have worked with multiple products open in different tabs. But also by opening a product in a new tab it allows you to keep the original category or search results open so you can go back and open the next product rather than having to find those again.
              Steve Gerard
              www.flyshop.co.nz

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                Steve,

I get that, I don't believe it's possible to get back exactly how it used to work. But I think we understand the "intent" and I'll talk to Dev to see if there's any options.
                Thanks Rick
                Steve Gerard
                www.flyshop.co.nz

Comment

We just upgraded ourselves and this is a feature I used quite a bit and did save me a lot of time. This is a major ding for me against version 9 and hope that they can get this back in. I've tried other methods to try and get around this but it is just not the same.

Comment

That was the same issue we were facing; right click really does nothing any longer and it causes all kinds of problems when you have numerous changes (for example, in pricing) within a specific category. You would like to open each product by right clicking the items assigned within the category, open in a new tab and do the update. Simply clicking the "Next Product" arrow does not necessarily take you to the next product within the category; it will take you to the next product in the master inventory list.

One other thing I have noticed. After doing numerous updates, the images just quit loading. There are little empty boxes where the "Sort," "View," navigation arrows, etc, used to be.
                    Last edited by whona; 11-19-14, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by whona View Post
                      That was the same issue we were facing; right click really does nothing any longer and it causes all kinds of problems when you have numerous changes (for example, in pricing) within a specific category. You would like to open each product by right clicking the items assigned within the category, open in a new tab and do the update. Simply clicking the "Next Product" arrow does not necessarily take you to the next product within the category; it will take you to the next product in the master inventory list.

One other thing I have noticed. After doing numerous updates, the images just quit loading. There are little empty boxes where the "Sort," "View," navigation arrows, etc, used to be.
                      This is a case where I would do all of those in place using the "batch edit screen".
                      Mark Hood
                      Vermont Gear

Comment

Cool, I will have to hunt down that feature next time I need to do something like that. Wasn't aware that existed.

Comment

Pretty sure the only thing you can't change about a product from the batch edit screen is what categories it's assigned to and you can not upload new images. For those you do have to go into each product. You can display any or all of your custom fields, pricing, description etc.
                          Mark Hood
                          Vermont Gear

Comment

Regarding the images missing on the buttons... what OS and web browser are you using?
                            Zeph Dumlao

Comment

Correct you cannot edit what categories a product is assigned to from the batch list screen, but for most everything else regarding products, you can easily and more quickly get it done in MM9 by editing multiple records from the product batch list screen.

When you first click into the Catalog you will presented with a Batch List of products in your store. You can use the product search bar to filter this list down. You can even do an advance search to focus in on products in a specific category if you like. Once you have zeroed in on the products you want to work with select them all, (Quick tip: you can click on a product and press CTRL+A or CMD+A on a Mac to select all,) and click the "Edit Products" button (looks like a pencil.)

Make all of the changes you need to make in one swoop and hit return or click the "Update" button to save your changes.

Keep in mind that the Product Batch List screen is quite customizable. If there is a Product Field that you'd like to edit and you don't see it on this page, chances are you can add a column for it to this batch list by clicking on the "Show/Hide Columns" button (looks like three vertical lines and is on the top right of the screen.) Any columns you add, remove, or move here will display this way the next time you visit the batch list, so you can set it up in which ever way best serves your work flow.

If you need a visual aid on working on multiple product records, watch these videos and let me know if they work for you.

Catalog Overview
                              http://www.miva.com/videos/store_own...talog-overview

Editing Multiple Records
                              http://www.miva.com/videos/store_own...ltiple-records
                              Zeph Dumlao

Comment

Working...
                              X