B2B Tax Exempt module by Emporium Plus - Not removing sales tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B2B Tax Exempt module by Emporium Plus - Not removing sales tax

I've seen a lot of people post on the forums that they have easily and successfully installed the EP Tax Exempt module to eliminate tax for their wholesale clients.

I'm not really sure what the issue is, as this module seems very simple to set up, but after a lot of testing I cannot get this to work. I've created a "Tax Exempt" Availability Group and assigned several test customers to it. In the admin of B2B I've selected the "Tax Exempt" Availability Group, and I've tested both with and without the input being hidden to the Group. No matter what I try, the tax keep being calculated and added to the purchase.

I've also noticed that when I re-start the checkout process during testing, the Basket "remembers" and displays the tax amount.. is this usual behavior or perhaps part of the problem?

Thanks for any help,
    Psydde
    Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

I'm having the same issue with this module, bumping.

Comment

Did you remember to assign the "b2bnotax" item to the OSEL and OPAY pages?

If I remember correctly my problem had to do with where the B2B code, <mvt:item name="b2bnotax" param="osel" /> and <mvt:item name="b2bnotax" param="opay" /> was being placed in the templates. In my case I have it right above the closing </form> tag on the OSEL page, and right above a "show-basket-toggle-wrapper" (which is just above the closing </form> tag) on my OPAY page.

If you have a customized OSEL or OPAY page you may want to try moving the code to see if that works, but is should still be somewhere just above the </form> tag.

Template Editing Requirements
      The module is called within specific template screens with render tokens. They are in the format of
      <mvt:item name="itemcode" param="xxxx" />
      The templates are listed at the Pages link. You will edit the template by inserting the token and clicking the Update (fig 7). Important: After adding the render token to a template page, you must click the Items link for that page, scroll down to the item name and assign it to the page. These two steps are repeated for every page that a module's render token is used on.
      1) On page 'osel' (shipping/payment selection), insert <mvt:item name="b2bnotax" param="osel" /> just above the continue button code and the closing </form> tag.
      2) On page 'opay' (order payment), insert <mvt:item name="b2bnotax" param="opay" /> just above the continue button code and the closing </form> tag.
      Psydde Delicious
      Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
      Philadelphia, PA
      www.DeliciousBoutique.com
      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

You can do this without a module by looking for the 'CTAX' action in forms, testing whether the custom is in the correct price group, and if they are, remove the CTAX function from the 'Action' list (and for good measure running the BasketCharge_Delete_All_Type(g.basket:basket_id, 'TAX') function.

Attached is my "memory cell" write up.
        Attached Files
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X