Wordpress integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wordpress integration

Does anyone have any help to lend on how I would place a miva global header and footer inside of a wordpress/blog installation?

I have a pretty good understanding of both platforms, just don't know how too bring these global elements into wordpress as advertised in the miva service.

-Matt

Re: Wordpress integration

Attached are some integration instructions we use here internally.
    Attached Files
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
      Attached are some integration instructions we use here internally.

You are the man! Thank you.

Comment

Any suggestions on a good WordPress theme that works well with the Suivant Ready Theme?
        Last edited by eldon99; 08-28-15, 06:15 AM.

Comment

What would be the best way to pull META tags and Titles from Wordpress into the WP-HEADER page?

Thanks,

Comment

Since the header is being generated my Miva, you would have to make an api call to wordpress to get any data. It is probably not a good architecture to set things up that way.

If you want the meta tags from wordpress you may want to have wordpress control the header/footer. You could keep them in sync other ways like reading in a file of the Miva header/footer elements.
            Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

Looks like with the new forums the links to file attachments no longer work. Is this file updated someplace? I had this bookmarked for reference but it's broken - http://www.miva.com/forums/filedata/fetch?id=657260
              Joe McDonald
              patrickwebby.com

Comment

Hi all,

I'm trying to integrate a Wordpress blog in to my existing Miva site, and I stumbled across this old post.

I followed the instructions in this document (http://www.miva.com/forums/filedata/fetch?id=657260), and I've successfully included my Miva Header and Footer in to Wordpress using the file_get_contents() function.

The issue I'm still having, however, is that if I'm logged in to my Miva site and then click to view the blog, it no longer recognizes me as as being logged in. So on every other page of my Miva site, it will say "Welcome back, Mike", but in the Wordpress portion it changes back to "Sign In". Now, when I navigate back to any other Miva page, it DOES see me as still being logged in, so it's not ending my session.... it just appears that the session isn't being recognized in the Wordpress area.

I've assigned all of the necessary items to the page (customerlink, cssui_links, etc). And I've tried moving the Wordpress directory both inside and outside of the MM5 folder structure (I thought maybe that made a difference), but I get the same results.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comment

try appending the session variable to the blog links. I.e., myblog.wherever.com?customer_session_id=&mvt:globa l:customer_session_id;

either that, or in the WP header, read the session:id cookie
                  Bruce Golub
                  Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                  phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks Bruce.

So when I go mysite.com/wp-header.html, which is the miva page, I can read the session id cookie and display right there on the page. But as soon as i go to mysite.com/blog, which is rendering the contents of "mysite.com/wp-header.html" via the file_get_contents() function, the cookie doesn't even display. Which surprises me. I can see if I was losing the ability to read the cookie, but I'm really baffled as to why it's not even displaying on the page since it's being accessed in the Miva portion of the code. Somehow, I'm just losing access to that cookie in translation.

Comment

Any "cross-domain" messages in the browsers console window?
                      Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                      phosphormedia.com

Comment

No, no errors.

Comment

I just re-read your post "post" afterwork bourbon. try calling the header/footer elements via iFrame or in this fashion

Code:
                          // Get Header/Footer Content From Merchant
                                  $mmSession = $_GET['Session_ID'];
                                  $ccSession = $_GET['Customer_Session_ID'];
                                  $callURL = 'https://www.yourdomainhere.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=wpbegin&Session_ID='.$mmSession.'&Customer_Session_ID='.$ccSession;
                                  $begincontents = file_get_contents($callURL);
                                  echo $begincontents; ?>
                          do something similar for footer.
                          Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bruce, you're a genius!

I've been experimenting for hours, and your solution was the first time that I've successfully been able to stay logged in, when I clicked over to view the Wordpress section of the site.

Thank you so much!

I just have one quick follow-up question: I assume that in order for this to fully work, every link within the Wordpress site will need to be appended with the SessionID and CustomerSessionId variables, in order to keep passing them back to the php script... is that correct?

Comment

either that or just use those variables to generate new basket session cookies. away from office machine atm so don't have exact steps.
                              Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                              X