Updating Multiple Products in Multiple Tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating Multiple Products in Multiple Tabs

In the previous version in the Admin, I was able to look at a list of products, then run down then very quickly opening each one in a new tab by middle-button clicking the 'Edit' button.

Now I would have a browser with say 15 tabs. I could hold shift, then alternate between TAB and Left Click to very quickly change all of those Edit Product Tabs to a different section, like volume pricing. Then I could move between those products quickly and make changes. Then I could move through those products quickly and click 'Update.'

I understand how it's quicker for custom fields if I pick the columns I need to change, but I'm talking about other things like the Custom UPS tab, or volume pricing, or reviews.

Now, it's click. Wait. Click. Wait. Click. Wait. And I have to go one by one. Then if I want to go back to the list, I have to use the back button because I can't open a new tab. BUT if I do that, I just lost my screen location, search term and filter/sort.

Is there an easier way to quickly update products in the manner that I'm speaking of? I don't think these are things controlled by the normal import utility.

The 'Open In New Tab' options on the catalog just brings up my home page.

Is there anything in the works to get this functionality back?

Really, I think just being able to open the edit product screen from the catalog in a new tab would save an immense amount of time.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Jesse; 11-21-14, 02:35 PM.

Re: Updating Multiple Products in Multiple Tabs

If I'm not mistaken, they're looking at fixing it so that the "Go To" button can open correctly in a new tab, and not just the store front page. I believe its for the next patch of the software but I will double check.

The only workflow that I can think of that comes close to what you were doing (and is currently part of the software) is you can do a global search for some products and in the search results open them into new tabs. Each time you open a product into a new tab, you lose focus on the search results dropdown, but if you click back into it, the last product you were working on will still be highlighted in the list. Its not the perfect solution to your workflow, but it might help you out in the interim.
    Last edited by zdumlao; 11-21-14, 04:55 PM.
    Zeph Dumlao

Comment

Sounds good, thanks.

Comment

There's another thread going on about similar topics:
        http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...a-new-tab-gone
        A couple of work-arounds have been mentioned, e.g. on some browsers, you can Ctrl-click on any link to open it in a new tab.
        Last edited by Kent Multer; 11-22-14, 01:33 PM.
        Kent Multer
        Magic Metal Productions
        http://TheMagicM.com
        * Web developer/designer
        * E-commerce and Miva
        * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
        http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

Working...
        X