Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Option

Hey,

We are currently using MIVA 5.5 and have decided to replace our Viking Coders UPS integration with Miva UPS online tools as we move to MIVA 9. Is there a way to limit shipping options by product in the Miva UPS online Tools? Such as Product A can only ship ground, yet Product B will show all shipping options, such as Ground, 3-Day Select, and 2nd Day Air. This was easily done in the Viking coders UPS module, but I don’t see a way in UPS Online tools, either in the product section or shipping rules to accomplish this. If MIVA 5.5 does not have this option built in, will MIVA 9 be able to do this.

Kevin
    www.automotiveworkwear.com

Re: Shipping Option

Hi Kevin -

The ability to limit shipping methods at the product level is both supported in Miva 5 and 9. Under each product you should see a tab called "Shipping Rules"

Within this tab there is a checkbox for "Limit Shipping Methods" If this is checked, you can then choose which shipping methods are available for this product. (If the Limit Shipping Methods box is not checked the "Permitted Shipping Methods" are ignored)

All these settings are importable and exportable via the standard product import/export which if you have a lot of products is going to be the best way to manage these assignments.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

I'm considering the same change since it's built-in, but know very little about Miva UPS online tools. I use a lot of category-level UPS settings with the Viking Coders module. Can I have category-level settings with Miva UPS online tools?

Comment

Not currently. Everything needs to be managed at the product level, which typically means though import/export if you have 100's/1000's of products.

You can export a category at a time and configure the products in those categories with the correct shipping methods and re-import them back in.
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Okay. Thank you. That may do just fine.

Comment

Hey Brennan,

Thanks, I was looking in the UPS Options in the Product Section

Kevin

Comment

Hello Again Brennan,

Now that I have played around with those settings. Here is an issue that come up. Limit shipping options for Product A, it works, no problem. Customer adds Product B to order which has no shipping limits (shows all methods). Is there a logic to allow the Product B that has no shipping restrictions to over-ride the limited shipping options imposed by Product A.

Anything built in for that, or am I most likely looking at some custom work.

Thanks

Kevin

Comment

Hey Kevin -

The logic is actually the opposite. The limited shipping methods always "wins"

The way it works is shipping methods displayed must be shared by all products in the order. For example if I have two products in my cart and the first product get free shipping, and the second gets free shipping and also UPS methods the only method that will display will be the method(s) both products in the order share which would be Free Shipping in this case.

You have to be careful because if you set certain products to only ship USPS and others to only ship UPS, if they don't share any shipping methods, then no shipping will be calculated (and it will use the fallback shipping method)
                Brennan Heyde
                VP Product
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]

Comment

Hello Brennan,

Thanks for the feedback, We only Ship UPS. the issue for us is, since we sell work clothing: A customer can select next day or 2nd day shipping for example on a pair of coveralls, We can get it out the door the same day the order is placed. which in our industry is common. Now were began drop shipping Timberland Pro Boots and Timberland takes 1 or 2 day before they will ship. If I limit the customers shipping option for timberland to Ground or 3 day (regardless how we actually ship it). Then if that customer purchases those coveralls and decides to purchase boots as well. That customer will not see the 1st or 2nd day options. and could go elsewhere.

I was hoping Miva 9 would have shipping options more like Amazon, where you simply select your products, and during checkout you can select the available shipping options for those products. Amazon orders often show different shipping options for each product at checkout.

Anyway. You more than answered my questions.

Thanks

Kevin

Comment

Hello Brennan,

We have moved our websites away from Viking coders UPS intergration over to MIVA UPS online tools. Now we are seeing one issue, I cannot figure out how to control. Shipping to P.O. Boxes. Viking Coders had a simple checkbox that prevented this from happening . I see no such control built into miva UPS online tools. Can this be done currently, if not, is this something MIVA design could program into that module (at our expense of course).
                    and before you ask, yes, we state all over the place including where you enter the street (No po boxes) We only ship ups.

Thanks

Kevin

Comment

The ability to restrict shipping methods by PO box (or limit po boxes entirely) is not currently built in, but is on our road map to add to the shipping rules.

Yes we can easily add this for you in design club. Typically we'll add some JavaScript front end validation to prevent any address that has a PO box.
                      Brennan Heyde
                      VP Product
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Hey Brennan,

Wow, after all these year, that old Viking coders module is still more advanced. I would have thought that would have been done years ago. I was hoping to avoid additional shipping front end java scripting, as our site has so much of it on that shipping page. Anyway, sounds good, we will get it programmed in. I appreciate the quick reply.

Thanks

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                        X