Shipping Module Issues in Miva 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Module Issues in Miva 9

We recently upgraded to Miva 9 and have encountered a couple of shipping issues.

First, the built in UPS module which was installed but inactive began appearing as shipping options for our customers. (I fixed that by unchecking all of the shipping methods within the module.)

Second, the built in FedEx module which was working fine prior to the upgrade is no longer working. FedEx shipping options are no longer being offered to our customers.

The Endicia shipping module which we use for USPS shipping is still working fine.

Any thoughts, ideas, or assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated. As you know, we are now in a heavy volume shipping time period.
    www.kicks-ind.com
    www.comp-n-choke.com

Re: Shipping Module Issues in Miva 9

We didn't change shipping in V9, so something else is amiss. Have you opened a support ticket?
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Yes, I've opened a ticket but nothing more than an automated response as of now.
      www.kicks-ind.com
      www.comp-n-choke.com

Comment

Okay, this FedEx issue remains a fly in the ointment.

I opened a support ticket on Nov 24th. Since then, I've received two responses and had a phone conversation with support.

Unfortunately, none of the suggested solutions have been successful.

At this moment we've gone through one of our busiest weeks of the year unable to offer FedEx (in any form) as a shipping option for our customers.

FedEx was working fine in our previous store. The only change that has been made is the upgrade process to Miva 9.

We desperately need a resolution to this issue please.
        www.kicks-ind.com
        www.comp-n-choke.com

Comment

If you find yourself in a bind, we can diagnose this.

Comment

Originally posted by aubreyd View Post
            Okay, this FedEx issue remains a fly in the ointment.

I opened a support ticket on Nov 24th. Since then, I've received two responses and had a phone conversation with support.

Unfortunately, none of the suggested solutions have been successful.

At this moment we've gone through one of our busiest weeks of the year unable to offer FedEx (in any form) as a shipping option for our customers.

FedEx was working fine in our previous store. The only change that has been made is the upgrade process to Miva 9.

We desperately need a resolution to this issue please.
            You should be getting a reply in the ticket shortly. We just finished testing your store and testing its call to FedEx and capturing their response. Using a recent order to test the call we found that the product purchased has a weight value of zero and then noticed quite a few products with a weight value of zero. At this point I can't see when the product weights were changed but FedEx cannot return a rate with no shipping weight.
            Last edited by Jim McCormick; 12-02-14, 11:16 AM.
            Jim McCormick
            Miva Merchant Support
            866-284-9812

Comment

Originally posted by aubreyd View Post

Aubreyd,

I was finally able to track down a change in the update to 9 that helps explain why you noticed this after the update to 9. Previous to 9 we were sending a minimum weight value of .5lb to FedEx as that is the minimum weight required to get a rate. To ensure stores would get rates if the weight value was less than .5lbs we chose to round anything under .5 to .5. In the update to 9 we changed it to send the true weight value if it is zero.
              Jim McCormick
              Miva Merchant Support
              866-284-9812

Comment

Well thank goodness we were able to arrive at an answer!

I knew it worked okay before the upgrade...

Based on what you told me, I've gone through the store and assigned weights to everything now (v.9 makes that so easy to do) so we will see how it works over the next few days.
                www.kicks-ind.com
                www.comp-n-choke.com

Comment

Working...
                X