Miva Merchant 9 Admin Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva Merchant 9 Admin Questions

I thought I had posted this elsewhere but now I don't find it...

1. Is there any way to view only the products assigned/unassigned to a specific category? In older Miva versions you could just go to the category and click the "Assigned" or "Unassigned" button and it would show them as appropriate, in new Miva editing I see no way to sort the products so that Assigned or Unassigned are first, or to hide/show Assigned or Unassigned products.

2. Is there any way to limit search results (from the primary search in the gray bar at the top) like a preference setting or something? Right now if I search for a single product name I get more than 15 individual edit search results. Each result leads to a different section of product editing (i.e. images, attribues, custom fields, categories, and so on.) While in theory this speeds things up with fewer clicks it really makes them more difficult to find especially since the search results are all identical because of the way they're cut off. Now imagine I submit a search that yields results for 10 different products -- new Miva will show 150 results which is completely unmanageable. For us really a single search result for each item would be far preferrable.

Thanks, cpapXchange

Re: Miva Merchant 9 Admin Questions

I moved this from the Bug thread (since it's questions not bugs) to it's own thread.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

The answer to #1:

Edit the category, go to the products tab, click the "eye" icon (if you hover over it, it will say "Show Records") and you'll see a dropdown. The dropdown will have options to show all, show assigned, or show unassigned products.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
        The answer to #1:

Edit the category, go to the products tab, click the "eye" icon (if you hover over it, it will say "Show Records") and you'll see a dropdown. The dropdown will have options to show all, show assigned, or show unassigned products.
        Rick, I was sure I had clicked all of the icons. Clearly I didn't. Thanks for the assist.

Comment

From Development on #2:

I think there actually is a preference you can manually put in.. I'll need to check what the exact syntax is, but you can also switch to the products tab and search. If you block other results from appearing and try to search for them later, you'll need to first go to your user preferences and re-add them back in. Unless… he is talking about what we already filed a bug on… which is when you search for a product, the tabs will also appear…. in which case, no, there is currently no way to change that, but the fix will be in 9.0001 I believe.

Anyway, the UniversalSearch user preference to disable certain things would be Store, "UniversalSearch.disabled_contexts", "[context to disable as comma separated list]". an example would be if you didn't want products to show up in the search results, you could have "edit_product" as the disabled context
          Last edited by Rick Wilson; 11-26-14, 09:33 AM.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

I would use the search on the products page, you can bookmark it and save a click or two, instead of making changes on the universal search. I love the universal search and it has saved me a lot of time working on the dev store, the only issue I have to learn to deal with is that you can not past over existing text.

Maybe there is a way to add a copy of the products search to the gray bar?

Comment

Working...
            X