"Demo" Store Data/Site Design Transfer for New Account - Advice Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Demo" Store Data/Site Design Transfer for New Account - Advice Needed

I have been working with a "demo" store for a few weeks, and built practically the whole site, including picky-designer customization of alot of details (having originally misunderstood and thought i was working on an offline development store that could just be made live once we had it ready).

Now i have signed up for my actual MIVA site and have been told i will have to build the whole store again (!).
    (I am a designer, have worked with MIVA in the past but as site management and have no experience with servers etc or actually building a site ie. not technical or a developer so this is all a good challenge.)
    The site layout is similar to the Base Ready Theme, but not to any of the other ready themes, so i guess i would have to start with the base theme.
    I have now been advised by Tech Support that no data can be brought over to the actual server from a demo store. However, in theory i should be able to export my products from the demo store, and import them into the new store. Then download and upload the css files that i changed (extensively). I also did alot of html changes within various Pages, but don't know how to bring that over, short of going in and manually copying fields for each page.
    Is there documentation somewhere that i could use as a guide in this process, or can anyone help me with how to do this ... before i go ahead and mess it all up?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: "Demo" Store Data/Site Design Transfer for New Account - Advice Needed

You can move it over in pieces. You can move the Framework over (that'll move your look and feel).

Data, etc... can be exported and imported.

Check the Reference Guides for Framework info: www.miva.com/referenceguide
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Re: "Demo" Store Data/Site Design Transfer for New Account - Advice Needed

Thanks for the advice. I was having trouble with quite a few details on the bootstrap demo, so we're going to start with the Base ready theme and i'll pull over as much as i can and rebuild using that.

Comment

Working...
      X