Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: Unable to locate form element(s) for attribute Style

Hi all:

I keep getting this pop up error window when viewing a product page that is supposed to have Attributes and inventory variants on it:

Unable to locate form element(s) for attribute Style

The page I get the error on is here:

http://www.siamese-dream.com/earr-hoop-spir.html

When I look at the product in the admin, I see that there IS a Style attribute and it does have nine options. There are inventory variants created for the nine options, and all of the inventory variants have an inventory more than 0.

When I set up the Attribute, I used the Swatch - Drop Down List Selector (because I want the main image to swap out depending on which style is selected).

All of the Inventory Variant products have an Alternate Image assigned to them.

Am I missing something? I have never used the swatch selection before. Do I have to do anything special to enable changing images in conjunction with the selector changing?

Thanks in advance.

~~~~~~

BTW: I tried setting up inventory variants and variant images using the following tutorials:

http://glendaledesigns.com/knowledge...ariant-images/

and

http://glendaledesigns.com/knowledge...tory-variants/
    Last edited by Siamese-Dream.Com; 11-30-14, 03:08 PM.
    Mark Romero
    ~~~~~~~~

Re: Error: Unable to locate form element(s) for attribute Style

One (or two) other things:

1) Do I have to have an image type named DEFAULT (that is what it is named in the video tutorial on inventory variants)?

2) What if I want to show thumbnails of ALL the styles under the main image no matter which style is selected (not just thumbnails of the currently selected style)?

3) Do I HAVE to have swatches ABOVE the selector? I would prefer NOT to have them.
    Mark Romero
    ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Not seeing the necessary swatch div in the source:

Code:
      <div id="swatches" class="swatches"></div>
      Have you made the product attribute template changes to account for swatches: http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...570#post382570

Code:
      <mvt:elseif expr="( l.settings:attribute:type EQ 'select' ) OR ( l.settings:attribute:type EQ 'swatch-select' )">

Comment

1) Do I have to have an image type named DEFAULT (that is what it is named in the video tutorial on inventory variants)?
        Image types can have different names, doesn't have to be DEFAULT for the main image.

2) What if I want to show thumbnails of ALL the styles under the main image no matter which style is selected (not just thumbnails of the currently selected style)?
        Depending on the final variant/swatch setup, you may need to specify alt images for all options under each variant sub-item.

3) Do I HAVE to have swatches ABOVE the selector? I would prefer NOT to have them.
        You could suppress swatch display using CSS - display:none

Comment

Thanks for the help, Dan.

Unfortunately, i have made SO MANY CHANGES to my Product Page Template and to my CSS that it is near impossible to compare the different files and figure out where to easily place / replace the code.

Since I will probably be updating to MM 9 after the holidays anyway, i think I will forgo the swatch functionality until then.

thanks again for all your help, because it did solve the mystery of what the problem was and did give me a path on which to follow.
          Last edited by Siamese-Dream.Com; 12-01-14, 11:31 AM.
          Mark Romero
          ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X