Gift Certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift Certificates

Is there a Gift Certificate Module for Miva 9?? I really need one asap for the Holiday Season.

Re: Gift Certificates

There's the Sebenza one and one of the bugs that plagued it in 5.5 we fixed on our end in v9.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hi Rick,
      Took your advice and bought 2 of them (have 2 domains with Miva). (Thanks for point me in the right direction) But now getting it working.. I'm dyslexic so instructions that have changed make life, well interesting. The documentation says Main Settings, Auto-Vend Payments Methods yet can't find it. Went to their site for help and either I can't find it or.. What I'm wanting to do is set the Gift Cert up so that customers can fill in the amount they want for the Gift Cert and then upon payment activate it, seems if I got what I see that one has to create various value gift certs?
      My thought was to create a Category, and have the Gift Certificate there for customers to fill out, check out and either it upon payment does it or I don't mind going in and activate it afterwards. Thoughts?

Comment

Do you need to create a product 'Gift Certificate' and add attributes from within Miva for this to work?

Comment

Yes the way the module works is you create a gift certificate product that has attributes for the amount and some other details. You can then set it up so that when someone purchases that product it auto-generates a key for that to use with the amount purchased pre-loaded on it.

If you need some help configuring this, Private Message me login and I can help you get is configured.
          Brennan Heyde
          VP Product
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

Hi Brennan,
            I got a bit further but still lost a bit. I created a product Gift Certificate and attributes for other than 20 value, I went through and purchased 1 and when it emailed me the subject and body contained the tags yet didn't replace them with the names or amount.

So not sure how to fix what it's doing with the email it sends for the Gift Cert.

Are you suppose to create a separate Gift Cert for each value? I had hopped I could create just one with attributes for greater values but it looks like the certificate that is in the System Extension Settings shows only the value of the 'Price'

I just opened the created gift certificate and see that senders name and all are blank so apparently I'm not doing something right as the information from checking out isn't getting into the Gift Certificate. Oh boy a dyslexic nightmare. Sebenza has yet to return my tech support request, so much for their within 24hrs..

By the way thank you so much for the help and advice.

Comment

If you need help with this, I can (no charge). It won't take long. I have done a lot of gift cert setups and it can be problematic. The Sebenza module is buggy.
              Richard Waters

www.MivaWebmaster.com
              [email protected]
              Tel: 541-943-3268

Comment

Sure, but honestly the least I can do is give you a Gift Certificate and shop us, there really are no products quite like them. It's organics gone way beyond what anyone else is doing.

If it's possible can it be one Gift Certificate that customers can either select the amount from drop down or text enter the amount?
                On the Vitae Value store (English) I created a bunch but don't like it it would be so much cleaner with one that allows choice of spending 20 - 400
                On the VitaeValue.com the other 2 mall stores are in Greek and Italian, I left the Gift Certificate Button and Category in English so you can find it..

The other is my original business in the US EssencialDreams.com and it's the main store that has the Gift Certificate module in it.

Access to VitaeValue.com want it here or email you?

Comment

Email me off group.

This members of this forum has helped me out a lot over the years so it's nice to be able to give something to others.
                  Richard Waters

www.MivaWebmaster.com
                  [email protected]

Comment

Rick just so you know, Sebenza never responded to my support requests, 4 tickets since December 3rd and they don't even bother to reply..

Comment

Sadly, I'm not shocked. We will be releasing our version very soon built into the Core Software.
                      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                      CEO
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Me too. Their modules are good, but their support is rubbish.
                        Richard Waters

www.MivaWebmaster.com
                        [email protected]

Comment

Rick - Any news on the release of the Miva version that you are building into the Core Software? I need it!
                          Dana Evans
                          ------------------------------

Eliza B. & Leather Man Ltd.
                          P.O. Box 57
                          Essex , CT 06426
                          1-800-243-6681

http://www.elizab.com
                          http://www.leathermanltd.com
                          http://www.austinjeffers.com

Comment

It's slated for release end of next month roughly.
                            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                            CEO
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                            X