Creating Supplier Purchase Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Supplier Purchase Orders

Would love to have the ability to set-up Supplier Information in Miva for the products, and then be able to generate purchase orders for ordering from these suppliers. Then, when items are received, we could receive the purchase order and inventory would be updated. Also the ability to put in expected dates on the PO (we could also show this field to the user on the product page if an item is on back-order).

Re: Creating Supplier Purchase Orders

This comes up a lot actually and we're going to do this.

Can you email me with more details of exactly what you need?
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

I could provide some information on this topic as well as most of our products are ordered in as the customer requires them. We only stock 10% of our online catalogue.
      Thanks,
      Christine

Comment

Christine,

Feel free to email me as well. I'm going to be collecting feedback on this over the next month or two before we dig in and schedule it.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

I believe this is the only thing keeping us from using Miva as our management system. If this became a reality, I would probably buy more seats and give up on running multiple software systems. I would love updates.

Comment

Is there any update on this?

Thank you,
            John
            Thank you,
            John

Comment

It's still on our Roadmap but no ETA yet.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

Wouldn't this be fairly easy to create within the current system? One could either use Batch Reports or if on demand a templated email and some tweaks. The only things you wouldn't be able to do is Line Item billing (i.e., verify the card for full amount, but only charge for what you have on hand.) One could even do that, but not automatically without a custom module i suspect.
                Bruce Golub
                Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                phosphormedia.com

Comment

Any update on adding purchase orders within Miva?
                  Thanks,
                  Christine

Comment

Its fairly easy to do right now with various existing components...and you can created to work exactly as you want it too. So I'm not even sure what would be 'built' in. (Meaning, if they built it in, it some feature would likely not work they way YOU wanted it.
                    Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                    phosphormedia.com

Comment

What would be the best way to do this with Miva's existing components?

I've actually hoping to figure out a workflow for this, and started by creating "Vendor" and "Vendor SKU" product custom fields for all my products.

It would be nice if you could use Scheduled Tasks and Template Based Emails to create inventory email notifications.. the existing system seems a little limited.
                      Psydde Delicious
                      Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
                      Philadelphia, PA
                      www.DeliciousBoutique.com
                      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

It really depends on what you need to do. Usually we do something like:

Use a renamed payment module (like check or COD)
                        If necessary, assign access to that payment method via PriceGroup.
                        Customer orders products, choses the renamed payment module, gets a 'purchase' order email (based on payment method)
                        Either use the standard customer order page or create a new one just for 'purchase orders' that let people see their purchase orders.
                        Create a Payment Order 'product' (again, hidden by the Price Group) so they can use your site for online payment (or not).
                        Create a Custom Batch Report to group these orders together (if needed)

...and so on. It all really depends on your business flow/needs.

Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

We actually stopped using drop ship vendors because we were never able to find any kind solution similar to the one we had when we were on Miva old MM4.24c platform with Viking Coders Vendor Module, which worked great. It not only sent each vendor an email notification of the sale along with an invoice to send customer, it had a vendor payment management admin UI along with the ability to generate statements similar to Viking Coder Affiliate module which had greater functionality than current platform stock version.
                          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

"We actually stopped using drop ship vendors ...."

Again, while not as an eloquent solution that the viking module provided, these can be done in stock merchant. The feasibility depends on the number of drop shippers, but basically, you just test the basket contents on OPAY, and when products require vendor emails (I'd do this via custom field on the products) set a flag for that vendor, and create separate emails for each vendor blocked by the flag set on opay.

So, in the Basket Foreach of OPAY, you'd have something like:

Read Custom Field
                            IF Custom Field has value
                            Save it into a global value g.VendorEmail_{VendorName} (actual name of vendor).

In the email templates, just wrap it with:

IF g.VendorEmail_VendorName /IF

You'd also want to wrap the Basket Contents Foreach with the test for the custom field so they only see the items they are responsible. (I'd remove pricing/totals/tax/etc items as they don't matter to the vendor).
                            Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks, interesting hack.
                              Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
                              X