Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suivant Theme Attribute Price Display

Dev. Store
    Not sure this is right place for is post, but here goes. I may have identified a bug within the Suivant Theme product attribute display. When an attribute price such as $5.10, only one digit after the decimal point is displayed as "$5.1". If the cents digit is ant number 1 through 9, a price such as $5.11 is displayed correctly. The lost of the cents digit "0" only seem to occur in the attribute display, other displays such as the Shopping Cart are correct when the attribute has been selected. Example shown below.

Cover With Holes - Stone + $5.45

Cover With Holes - White + $6.7 (should be $6.70)

Thank You
    Last edited by dcatel; 12-01-14, 01:36 PM.
    Dave C
    The Window Technicians, Inc.
    Andersen Window and Door Hardware
    http://www.parts-aw.com

Re: Suivant Theme Attribute Price Display

This is a bug in the theme. You can fix it by modifying the attribute template on PROD.

Look for this:
    Code:
    <mvt:if expr="l.settings:option:price GT 0">
        &nbsp;<mvt:eval expr="'+ $' $ abs(rnd(l.settings:option:price, 2))" />
    <mvt:else>
       &nbsp;<mvt:eval expr="'- $' $ abs(rnd(l.settings:option:price, 2))" />
    </mvt:if>
    and remove the abs function

Code:
    <mvt:if expr="l.settings:option:price GT 0">
        &nbsp;<mvt:eval expr="'+ $' $ rnd(l.settings:option:price, 2)" />
    <mvt:else>
       &nbsp;<mvt:eval expr="'- $' $ rnd(l.settings:option:price, 2)" />
    </mvt:if>
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Brennan,

My question is related to the thread's original topic:

I, too, am having trouble displaying the product price on the product page (only when the product contains variants):
      http://www.haddrellspoint.com/produc...lags-belt.html

I upgraded to the Suivant Theme from the default CSSUI Framework, which used a <span> to dynamically update the product price on variant product pages. Does the Suivant ReadyTheme support this same functionality?

Thank you,

Carlos
      Last edited by elcucococo; 01-26-15, 02:39 PM.
      Carlos Rivera - Web Developer
      Haddrell's Point Tackle - haddrellspoint.com

Comment

It should. Can you check a couple things on your store:

On PROD under the Attribute Machine section make sure the Price Element has a value of "js-price-value"

Then in the template code under Product Display Layout wrapped around the price tag it should have an id with the same value.

Code:
        <div id="js-price-value" class="h3 charcoal nm" data-base-price="&mvt:product:price;">&mvt:product:formatted_price;</div>
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
          It should. Can you check a couple things on your store:

On PROD under the Attribute Machine section make sure the Price Element has a value of "js-price-value"

Then in the template code under Product Display Layout wrapped around the price tag it should have an id with the same value.

Code:
          <div id="js-price-value" class="h3 charcoal nm" data-base-price="&mvt:product:price;">&mvt:product:formatted_price;</div>

Brennan,

Thank you for your awesome support. I checked to ensure my PROD page was setup like you suggested, thank you!

As I was troubleshooting, I noticed that if I enter a price for the master product (with product variants), it would show up as the price on the product page (see the same product for sale with the incorrect price of $0.01):
          http://www.haddrellspoint.com/produc...lags-belt.html

However, if the price of an attribute (variant) is different than the master product, it does not update the price on the product page when the attribute is selected (for example, the actual price of a size 38 belt above is $24.99).

Am I missing a JavaScript file or something else that is not dynamically updating the price on the product page for variants?

Take your time, and thanks again!
          Last edited by elcucococo; 01-27-15, 12:06 PM.

Comment

When you generate variants on a product, there will be two options in the popup dialog.

The first one is the price is controlled by the master product and the second one is the price is controlled by the part product. In order for the price to dynamically change on the page, you must choose the second option. Try re-generating variants with the second option selected and see if this fixes it.
            Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
              When you generate variants on a product, there will be two options in the popup dialog.

The first one is the price is controlled by the master product and the second one is the price is controlled by the part product. In order for the price to dynamically change on the page, you must choose the second option. Try re-generating variants with the second option selected and see if this fixes it.
              Brennan, thank you so much for your help.

I took some time to carefully re-approach this issue. I used your suggestion of regenerating variants with the second option selected to see if it fixed the issue, but it did not. Unfortunately, all of the products that are in my store already were created where price was controlled by the part product (note: dynamic pricing display on product page worked fine with existing product database before upgrading to ReadyTheme).

I also asked Tess at Miva Design services for assistance. She could not find a solution either. I will open a ticket with Miva Support to see if they can find out what is off about the template.

Thank you!
              Last edited by elcucococo; 01-29-15, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I am experiencing the same issue. Is there a problem with the theme code for this?
                Highly caffeinated
                http://www.coffeehouseexpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Cockerham View Post
                  I am experiencing the same issue. Is there a problem with the theme code for this?
                  Jim, I am sorry you are having the same issue. I was never able to resolve this with Miva after many repeated attempts with various levels of support. Miva said the attribute issue is due to a "conflicting script" within my store. Miva were never able to identify the script for me. I've been stuck since November with this problem and other issues related to the Miva 9 upgrade. Be careful, as Google will remove your ads (if using Google AdWords Shopping Campaigns) for this attribute displaying issue on this ReadyTheme. I hope this helps you! Let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks!

Comment

Hi Carlos - thank you for the reply.
                    I am still checking into this and I notice that the variant price does update properly on the "Quick View" pop-up page (in the Suivant Theme), which is very similar to the full product page. Now I need to find out what is different.
                    Highly caffeinated

Comment

Hi Carlos - thank you for the reply. I am still checking into this and I notice that the variant price does update properly on the "Quick View" pop-up page (in the Suivant Theme), which is very similar to the full product page. Now I need to find out what is different.
                      Jim, I remember Miva mentioning that the JavaScript value that dynamically triggers the attribute price is correct. You have to view source to verify this. However, for some reason or another the tag that withholds the pricing display fails to show on the screen. I am glad you noticed the Quick View display. Please update me on anything you find out, because Google is going to suspend my store on June 9th if I do not have this issue resolved (I was going to upgrade to 'Iron and Wool' theme to prevent suspension). Thank you!

Comment

Okay, I figured out a fix that will work for me. It looks like the problem is that there are two sections in the Product Display Layout Tab that display the PRICE. Based on the screen size one section of code or the other is displayed on the screen (the CSS hides one or the other) but the javascript runs on the first section (which is for mobile screens) . The mobile code runs first, so if you look at the screen in mobile mode (under 768) the Price will change dynamically as it is supposed to, but if you look at the page on a larger screen the price is not updated. The javascript still updates the price in the mobile code, but it is now hidden so you do not see it.

I am not a javascript guy, but it looks like the javascript can't or won't run twice and update the field in both sections.

My solution is to simply remove the top section of code where the price displays for mobile screens and change the css class on the lower section of code so that it is never hidden and always displays the price in that location.

Here is what it looks like:
                        http://www.coffeehouseexpress.com/p/RPS.html
                        Highly caffeinated

Comment

Hi Jim,

You are correct on your fix. Because there are two sections with the same ID, the JavaScript can, and usually does, error out. This issue is addressed in the next update of the Suivant and Iron & Wool ReadyThemes.
                          Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
                          Alchemy Web Development
                          https://www.alchemywebdev.com
                          Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

Miva Certified Developer
                          Miva Professional Developer

https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

Comment

Thanks for the info Matt!
                            Highly caffeinated

Comment

My solution is to simply remove the top section of code where the price displays for mobile screens and change the css class on the lower section of code so that it is never hidden and always displays the price in that location.
                              Jim, I can confirm you solution works. Thank you so much for your time, research, and communication. Have a wonderful week!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X