Custom Category Template Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Category Template Trouble

Can someone smarter than me take a look at this Category Page and help me understand why the images are all off center? This category is using a special category template that removes the purchasing elements to showcase examples of our work. The product images are from the image machine and use the image type catimg, which has been assigned to the template.

http://www.preparesmart.com/mm5/merc...tegory_Code=97

I'm stymied.

Thanks in advance...

Using 5.5 fully up-to-date hosted with Miva
    Keith Oratz
    PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
    www.preparesmart.com

Re: Custom Category Template Trouble

The "product-image" class has a width of 350px specified. Change that to 180px and it should resolve.

Comment

Thanks Dan. Am I right that the change you suggested was to the CSS file?

Unfortunately, shrinking the width affects all of my product pages and the thumbnails start moving up on the right side. Not good.

Since I have no problem in the other categories it seems like my problem is in the custom template for this category. Any thoughts?

For now, I'm going to check the custom and standard templates to make sure they were correctly updated to use the image machine. My standard category template still uses the product thumbnail so it may still have legacy code that carried over to the custom template.
      Keith Oratz
      PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
      www.preparesmart.com

Comment

It's definitely your CSS. The product-image class is specified in a way that it does not account for category vs. product, resulting in a tug of war. Try something like the following to separate the two:

Code:
        .PROD .product-image {your styles for product}
        .CTGY .product-image {your styles for category}

Comment

Working...
        X