Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I tell my customers there's a volume price available, dynamically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I tell my customers there's a volume price available, dynamically?

I have some products that get have volume prices. I'd like to dynamically show the customer that the discount is available on the CTGY and PROD pages. Are there variables already available that I can use as triggers for some text? I didn't find anything in the tokenlist, so I thought I'd try here.

Re: How do I tell my customers there's a volume price available, dynamically?

There is a built in way to display the volume pricing chart on any page you need, most likely CTGY or PROD. Here are the steps:

1. Create a new item with the code of volprice and the module of "discount_volume"

2. Then assign this item to any page you wish to display the volume pricing table

3. Insert this item tag in the template where you want the table to display: <mvt:item name="volprice" param="product:id" />

4. There will be a customizable template you can modify on PROD (or any page you assigned the item to) to control the layout of the volume pricing table
    Last edited by Brennan; 12-03-14, 08:55 AM.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks Brennan, but I'm struggling to get this to work for some reason.

I created the item, assigned it to the PROD page, and inserted the item tag in the product display template.
      The volume pricing template has the stock code in it.
      I'm viewing a product that has a volume discount, but I get no pricing table.
      I do see the volume discount if I add the required qty of the product to the cart.

Any idea what I'm missing here?

Thanks,
      Todd
      Last edited by TFo; 12-02-14, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Is the item also assigned to the page under the item tab?
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

You're fast. I was just editing my reply to say it was also assigned.

Comment

that should be all you need. Can you send me a private message with admin login so I can take a look.
            Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

Message sent.

Comment

I updated my post above. The item tag was actually incorrect. It also needs a param with the product id passed in:

<mvt:item name="volprice" param="product:id" />
                Brennan Heyde
                VP Product
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]

Comment

Works now. Thanks Brennan!

Comment

This is great and works fine, but what if we don't want the dynamic capability? We would like an option to show the table, but NOT have it change dynamically based on what they've added to their cart. Is this possible?
                    Jason Lindsey
                    Dreamchaser Design
                    www.dreamchaserdesign.com
                    "You Dream. We Design."

Comment

Im not sure I follow, can you clarify?

The volume pricing is fixed based on the table you provide for each product.
                      Brennan Heyde
                      VP Product
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Sure. Right now, the volume pricing table displays (for example):

Let's say the retail price is $65.00

The table displays (based on my settings)

Qty. Price
                        1-2 $65.00
                        3-4 $60.00
                        5+ $55.00

So when you add 3 to your cart, you get the item for $60 each rather than $65 each ... when you return to the item, the table, updates to NEW pricing ..

Volume Pricing
                        Qty. Price
                        1-2 $60.00
                        3-4 $55.00
                        5+ $50.00

Now, it looks like you can get 1-2 for $60 which isn't true at all, 1-2 is $65, and it makes it look like you can get 3-4 or more for $55 each when they are actually $60 each ... and so on.

That can be really confusing for the customer, especially if they put some items in their cart, leave, come back and return to the item (with some still in their cart) and think, "wow, they are cheaper than they were earlier" ... as an example. Or they could simply go back to the item to look it over again, but notice the volume pricing has changed.

We would like the table to NOT update when they put items in their cart so it just shows what the volume pricing actually is.

Hope this is more clear.
                        Jason Lindsey
                        Dreamchaser Design
                        "You Dream. We Design."

Comment

Bump.

Perhaps we've found a bug?
                          Jason Lindsey
                          Dreamchaser Design
                          "You Dream. We Design."

Comment

Let me check with development on this. I was not aware it functioned this way. It may be a bug.
                            Brennan Heyde
                            VP Product
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]

Comment

Hi Jason

I am not able to reproduce what you are seeing, when viewing the volume pricing table on the prod page for me it is always showing the same values no matter how many of that product I have in the basket.

Can you post a link to the product in question so I can take a look at what is on the page?

Thanks
                              -Eric
                              Eric Foresman
                              Software Tester
                              Miva Merchant
                              http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X