Canada Post Timelines and Pricing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada Post Timelines and Pricing?

I have to say it's great to FINALLY see some integration for Canadian companies in Miva. Thank you! Thank you!

Just wondering if there is a way when creating a shipping label to see the time line for each method (ie. 1-2 days vs 4-5 days) and what the pricing is?

We had Kent create a module for us so we can display the information for our customers when checking out so I'm sure the same thing can be done when creating the label in Miva. I have attached a photo of what it looks like:

shipping.jpg

Canada Post Expedited, 2-3 days shipping: $15.39 as an example is coming from Canada Post and displays the timeframe for that shipping method as well as the price the customer would pay. Would it be difficult to apply this same theme to the internal shipping method in Miva so that is also displays the shipping time frames and costs to us so our shippers know which method to select?
    Thanks,
    Christine

Re: Canada Post Timelines and Pricing?

Hi Christine -

The Canada Post Integration for Miva does not currently display real time shipping times. Do you know if the shipping times displayed are real time based on where the package is being shipped to and from?

Or do you just need to add a static estimated days next to each method?

If the time ranges for each method never changes, then this can easily be done using shipping method rules and renaming each method to add the time frame.

However, if there is an API call to calculate the timeline based off where it is being shipped to, then no this is not currently built into the Canada Post integration
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Re: Canada Post Timelines and Pricing?

Hi Brennan,

Thank you for the quick response!

As far as I know the timeframes are coming in real time from Canada post but have been modified by the developer of our module. Typically Canada Post would list an actual package arrival date (ie. December 5) but we wanted to just list an estimated time frame for each shipping method (ie. 2-3 days). He did this by creating a math formula:

In the example I gave above (Canada Post Expedited, 2-3 days shipping) the time frame was calculated by taking the date Canada post would deliver the package (December 5) and subtract todays date (December 3 - in this case 2 days) then we added a day for any transit issues (in this case 2+1 =3). So the final time frame gave us the number we need plus an extra day. I also know he had to do some calculations to remove weekends.
      The time frame for each method would change as shipping an order expedited to Ontario for example is 2 days but the same shipping method could take 6 days for British Columbia and even longer for remote areas. So unfortunately, it's not as simple as added the time frames to each method.

I'm asking because the Canada Post website indicates that Miva does "rating"
      https://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/bus...162447:s#mivaM

It then says that "rating" returns the list of shipping services, prices and transit times.
      https://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/bus...ng/default.jsf

If this is something that cannot be done from within Miva is it something that can be added to the module for our store or have Kent modify since he has already created the code for it?
      Thanks,
      Christine

Comment

Working...
      X