New Products Should Appear at Beginning of Categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Products Should Appear at Beginning of Categories

When I enter products they always end up at the back of the line. Support said I always need to reorder :( With a number of products in a category it is not fun. Can you make it so new products always show up first. Wishing :)

Re: New Products Should Appear at Beginning of Categories

I assume you mean on the shopping side? You can set that sort order in the Category Page.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hi Rick,

Yes, that is correct. I have been going into the category and manually setting the order I want. I was just adding to the wish list that new products appear first automatically and then I would have to reorder each time unless we so desired.

Thank you,
      Tom

Comment

Tom,

That's not what I mean. On the Category Page, Category Product List Layout you can adjust the native Sort Order and show Newest First. I've attached a ScreenShot to show you.

Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 10.10.41 AM.jpg
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thank you. I can't see the image but it makes sense and I made the change. Consider my request closed. Thx.

Comment

This would not make sense for our store since we (try to) put on the top of the list/most visible to the customer what our suppliers have the most of in stock and on hand.

If we are reselling a computer and there are 26 models A-Z and the supplier has purchased from the manufacturer for their warehouse inventory 100 units of Model A, that sort of tells us that it is pretty popular - in order for them to purchase 100 units from the manufacturer and store it in their warehouse.

On the other hand if they have zero units on hand of model Z, we'll put that in the bottom since it sounds like it is not a good enough seller to even have any in stock at their warehouse.

Fortunately when I make new cats or "refresh" an existing cat and load them up with a product list, our suppliers have a column that shows what they have on hand and before importing I sort by that to put the most of what they have on hand in the top of the list. Maybe that helps customers see the most popular items first as they browse.

But the advice from Rick seems to have been your answer...

Comment

Working...
            X