Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Shadow on Banner

Hi there

I would like to remove the shadow overlay on the Bootstrap home page banner. It appears at the lower left of the image container.

Can you tell me how? I assume its in the style sheet but not sure where to look.

Other than that I think I am about ready to rock yayyy!

Re: Remove Shadow on Banner

Originally posted by leepat View Post
    Hi there

I would like to remove the shadow overlay on the Bootstrap home page banner. It appears at the lower left of the image container.

Can you tell me how? I assume its in the style sheet but not sure where to look.

Other than that I think I am about ready to rock yayyy!

Hi

I would love to help you with your inquiry!!
    Can you tell me which Bootstrap template you are using.
    Also can you tell me which banner image as well.
    To make things easier you can send a screenshot of the banner and from there I can figure out what template you are using.

Please and Thank You
    Happie Mendenhall
    Support Technician
    Miva, Inc.

Comment

Hi Happie :) its me Patricia Lee, back at CherryRig.com (this URL forward points so you can see the banner there, it is page white but the overlay makes the bottom left darkly shadowed)

It's the banner that comes right on top of the generic Bootstrap configuration. If there are templates I can buy I would love to see some? Still would like to know how to remove the overlay though.

Comment

Originally posted by leepat View Post
        Hi Happie :) its me Patricia Lee, back at CherryRig.com (this URL forward points so you can see the banner there, it is page white but the overlay makes the bottom left darkly shadowed)

It's the banner that comes right on top of the generic Bootstrap configuration. If there are templates I can buy I would love to see some? Still would like to know how to remove the overlay though.
        Hey Pat!!!

You can find more templates at this link: apps.miva.com and click ReadyThemes.
        To remove the overlay go to bootstrap.css and look for this selector class .carousel-control.left
        Removebackground-image: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(0,0,0,.5) 0,rgba(0,0,0,.0001) 100%);

Please and Thank You

Happie Mendenhall
        Support Technician
        Miva, Inc.

Comment

And if you want to learn how to fish:

Get Chrome

Right Click on the object/area you want to re-style, and select Inspect Element.

You might need to select a different selector on the left side of the Inspection panel to get the right one, but the various styles associated with each selector is shown in the right pane of the Inspection panel.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

I decided I want to try a theme. How do we install them once downloaded? I chose Suviant.

Comment

There should be install docs in the Zip file. Start with those.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]
              https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
              X