Emporium Plus Mega Bundle - Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emporium Plus Mega Bundle - Questions

Just got an email from Miva offering a Mega Bundle of all 88 Emporium Plus Modules for $299.

http://apps.miva.com/product/WCW-EMPORIUM-BUNDLE.html

That's all well and good and it's noted that modules all work on Versions 5.5 and 9.

I do have one question. Assuming that some (or all) of the modules may be updated over time what will the cost be? Is there a subscription plan in the works? Or are they AS-IS with no updates anticipated?

Did I miss that somewhere?

Here's the text of the message.
    For a limited time only, through December 31st, get the latest version of Every Emporium Plus Module Available for Miva Merchant. This bundle includes 88 Emporium Plus modules with a retail price of over $2,223 if purchased separately. These work in both Miva Merchant 5.5 and Miva Merchant Version 9.
    This bundle is licensed for a single domain. Modules Included Are:
    • Addendum
    • Attribute Prompt vs Code
    • B2B No Tax
    • Base + Number of Items Shipping by State Zone
    • Base + Number of Items Shipping by World Zone
    • Base + Number of Items Shipping by ZIP Code Zone
    • Base + Weight Shipping by State Zone
    • Basket Price Group Recalc
    • Base + Weight Shipping by World Zone
    • Base + Weight Shipping by ZIP Code Zone
    • Best Seller Display
    • Buy X Get 1 Free
    • Categories in Basket Screen
    • Categories in Product List Screen
    • Categories on Product Display Screen
    • Category Import and Export of Flat Files
    • Category Manager
    • Category Minimums and Maximums
    • Category Tree
    • Contact Manager
    • Coupon Redemption Module
    • Create Batch by Date
    • Custom Customer Fields Interface
    • Dimension Pricing
    • Discount Based on Quantity by Category
    • Email Address Login and
    • UserName Lookup
    • Entity Count Pricing
    • Event Reminder
    • Export Wizard - Database to Flat File
    • Express Order
    • External Product Purchase
    • EZ Batch Report
    • Fast Data Feed
    • Find and Replace
    • Flat Rate Shipping by State Zone
    • Flat Rate Shipping by World Zone
    • Flat Rate Shipping by ZIP Code Zone
    • Flexible Product Description
    • Follow-on Contact
    • Gift List Registry
    • Image Checker
    • Import Attributes and Options
    • From Flat File
    • Insurance by Subtotal
    • Customer and Product Administration
    • Kit Maker
    • Lost and Found Orders
    • Mail Manager
    • Mini-basket Display
    • Minimum and Maximum Quantity
    • Minimum or Subtotal Shipping by State Zone
    • Minimum or Subtotal Shipping by World Zone
    • Minimum or Subtotal
    • Shipping by ZIP Code Zone
    • Miscellaneous Fee
    • Number Table Shipping by World Zone
    • Number Table Shipping by ZIP Code Zone
    • Order Custom Fields
    • Payment Methods for Groups
    • PayPal Payment Module for MIVA Merchant
    • Percent Off Based on
    • Quantity by Category
    • Percent Off Subtotal
    • Percent Off Subtotal by Category
    • Phone In Payment
    • Power Search
    • Price Group Manager
    • Product Quantity Import
    • Purchase Order Plus
    • Rate This
    • Related Product Import and Export of Flat Files
    • Restock Shelves
    • Restrict Export
    • Shipping by Product by State Zone
    • Shipping by Product by World Zone
    • Shipping by Product by ZIP Code Zone
    • Shopzilla Data Feed
    • Show Baskets
    • Size Pricing
    • Sort Categories and Products
    • Sort Shipping Plus Free Shipping Option
    • Swap Link
    • Tax Auto VAT
    • Tell a Friend
    • Template Data Feed
    • Tool Kit
    • Volume Pricing
    • Wait List Manager
    • Weight Table Shipping by State Zone
    • Weight Table Shipping by World Zone
    • Weight Table Shipping by ZIP Code Zone
    Keith Oratz
    PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
    www.preparesmart.com

Re: Emporium Plus Mega Bundle - Questions

Keith,

They're as-is but with support. So we're not adding new features to Emporium Plus modules (and any bug fixes would be free).

Does that help?
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

I figured as much but was surprised that nothing was said about it. Thanks for clarifying.
      Keith Oratz
      PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
      www.preparesmart.com

Comment

We just didn't even think about it.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

I'm a small business owner and I worry about stuff like recurring costs. My concern was that someone could purchase it (and it's a good deal, for sure) and then in a year receive a bill with a very reasonable $10 subscription charge for each of the 88 modules. $880 could be a deal breaker for some users and you guys may not have been able to collect since there was no notice. Glad that its not an issue.

So what does this mean for staying current on Tool Kit? I'm on 5.2710 and its at 5.28. Do I need to purchase the update?
          Keith Oratz
          www.preparesmart.com

Comment

I purchased about a little over a dozen Emporium Plus modules several months back for almost $200.00 for our migration project (M4 to M5). This is a great deal and investment for MIVA store owners which comes out to less than $3.50 a module.
            Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

With this deal, do you have to register all these modules with a single store, or can thy be bought and used in different stores? Also do they have to be registered right away?
              Richard Waters

www.MivaWebmaster.com
              [email protected]
              Tel: 541-943-3268

Comment

Richard:

"This bundle is licensed for a single domain."
                Gordon Currie
                Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Keitho View Post
                  I'm a small business owner and I worry about stuff like recurring costs. My concern was that someone could purchase it (and it's a good deal, for sure) and then in a year receive a bill with a very reasonable $10 subscription charge for each of the 88 modules. $880 could be a deal breaker for some users and you guys may not have been able to collect since there was no notice. Glad that its not an issue.
                  With all due respect, and to the wider Miva Store Owner community:

If there was a recurring charge (at least with our system) the $10 would ONLY be for modules you had installed and where using. If, you have a module installed that is not worth $10 a year to your bottom line...you should remove it.

This is why our "Guarantee" includes "profitability". If you don't think ANY of our modules added to your bottom line enough to PAY for the module. Remove and return it. No questions.
                  Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                  phosphormedia.com

Comment

I noticed that several of the modules included in the bundle (Kit Maker for example) are no longer available for sale individually. So is buying this bundle the only way to get those modules?

Also, if I already have several of these modules, but they aren't the most current version, would I need to reinstall a new license for the bundle versions or would it provide an upgrade for these modules?

Shannon

Comment

Hi Shannon -

We only brought over individual modules to the new app store that had sold in the past year. The Kit Maker module may not be a very popular module (and its functionality should be built into Version 9). If there are individual modules you want, which we don't have for sale currently, email me and I can give you a way to purchase them.

For most updates you should not need a new license. However depending on how old your module version, some module which did not need a license before now require a license. There is a link you would click on the module to request a license, but this should be rare.
                      Brennan Heyde
                      VP Product
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Brennan. I clicked on the "Upgrade" link inside the Toolkit Admin and it took me to a page on apps.miva.com telling me that my version was out of date and asking for a $20 upgrade charge.

http://apps.miva.com/product/WCW-TOO...tml?now=5.2710

Are you saying that I can request the update at no cost or should I pay for it? In a way I hate to pay for it since I don't know what it added. Bill used to have notes about that (or at least a mention of which Toolkit functions were added in what version).
                        Keith Oratz
                        www.preparesmart.com

Comment

Keith, $20.00 to use, what is most likely the lynch pin for almost all add on functions in your store?

Have you spent more than 20 minutes on just deciding/determining? That's 20 minutes you could have spent getting more sales, fulfilling orders, etc. That means you value your time at less than 60/hr. As the owner of a company (no matter how small) you should at least think you are worth $60/hr.
                          Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bruce, don't be a curmudgeon. I felt that Brennan's response was unclear and that not enough information was provided. Can YOU tell me the difference between my Toolkit version and the current? Did it add another feature? Is there a bug?

Oh, and I happily paid the $15 for last week for continued used of the one of your modules because it does provide great value (like Tool Kit) and when there's an update you tell us why. Don't you like to know what you are paying for?
                            Keith Oratz
                            www.preparesmart.com

Comment

Not being a Curmudgeon. If its just curiosity/education, yes I understand wanting to know what's new...however, you brought up "I hate to pay for it since I don't know what it added."

I'm just saying, get the update because running updated versions of software is ALWAYS the best business decision. Finding out what's in it is secondary.

To be honest, maybe I am a little on the tweaked side as we work hard on our modules to put in fixes BEFORE things break, and features before folks ask. AND, we've invested a TON of time to create a licensing/version control system to make it easy for folks to stay current, only to find that about 30%/40% of our customers stay current. (And we mostly see that when they ask for support).
                              Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                              X