Checkout for orders needing shipping quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout for orders needing shipping quotes

In our current workflow, we prevent customers from Alaska, Hawaii, and overseas from going through our order pages by removing these states/countries from the OCST page. When then direct these customers to fill out a separate form so that we can run a price quote for shipment.

This is a cumbersome and confusing process and I would like to change it so these same customers could go through our normal checkout pages, but on the OSEL page would only be one shipping option (such as Will Contact for Quote), and the OPAY page would be bypassed altogether, and instead get some kind of popup letting them know that we will be contacted with a shipping quote and for credit card details. I would still like an Invoice and HTML Email Notification generated.

What is the best way to filter out customers from these countries/states and by-pass the payment selection while still generating an Invoice/Email?

Thanks,
    Shannon

Re: Checkout for orders needing shipping quotes

Fairly straight forward to do. The basics are to use something like COD payment module (if not already in use) and then on the OSEL screen, use conditional statements in the Foreach Payment loop to show only the COD payment module (rename the selection of Quote or something.

Then on OPAY, do something similar in the Payment information foreach to display a message. And likewise, use a new templated email to sent an "invoice" marked up as a "Quote".

A bit of work, but fairly low level (all at the Miva Template level).

Just about any Miva Merchant Integrator could do this for about $60/$90 if you don't want to spend the time doing it yourself.
    Last edited by Bruce - PhosphorMedia; 12-13-14, 09:43 AM.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bruce–
      Thanks for the info. I'll give it a shot myself first to see how it works. Looks like I'll have to set up a "dummy" shipping method of some kind too, so no shipping gets charged.

Thanks,
      Shannon

Comment

You can probably just use Shipping Rules to do that, so long as no rates are actually returned. So, in your other shipping methods, make sure they don't return a rate, and use the Fallback method. (Just one option, there are probably dozens of ways to do this with Shipping Rules)
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

I am revisiting this question as I haven't figured out how to set up the conditional on the OSEL page to check for Alaska or Hawaii being the ship to state. I have set up a separate conditional to check if the ship to country is not "US", then use the COD payment method and that works fine, but checking the ship to state conditional just isn't working - it displays no matter what the state.

Here is what I have that works (check for country):

<mvt:if expr="l.settings:customer:ship_cntry NE 'US'">
          <option value="cod:COD">Will Call for Credit Card (International)</option>
          <mvt:else>
          <option value="check:check">Check</option>
          </mvt:if>

Here is what I can't get to work correctly (check for state):

<mvt:if expr="l.settings:customer:ship_state EQ 'AK' OR 'HI'">
          <option value="cod:COD">Will Call for Credit Card (Alaska/Hawaii)</option>

This also doesn't work:
          <mvt:if expr="g.customer:ship_state CIN 'AK' OR 'HI'">

I can't figure out what is missing... Also is there a way to chain more than one conditional together in the same statement?

Thanks,
          Shannon

Comment

Okay, got is working! I did some more poking around the forums and found some conditional examples that pointed me in the right direction. Here is what I have that works on the OSEL page:

<mvt:if expr="l.settings:customer:ship_cntry NE 'US'">
            <option value="cod:COD">Will Call for Credit Card (International)</option>
            <mvt:elseif expr="l.settings:customer:ship_state EQ 'AK' OR l.settings:customer:ship_state EQ 'HI'">

Comment

Working...
            X