Any New Wholesale Options With MM9???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any New Wholesale Options With MM9???

We would like to sell wholesale as well as retail.

With MM9, has it become easier / different to sell both retail AND wholesale through a single store?

Most of the (older) threads suggest a combination of price groups, availability groups, and volume pricing. Is that still the preferred way to go?

As for the particulars of our site, there are some products where the wholesale buyer will need to either:

1) Buy a "pack" of items (e.g., 1 small, 1 medium, 1 large)

or on other items...

2) Buy a minimum of 3 of that item (but they can mix and match different sizes / color choices depending on their needs).

Is this pretty much covered in MM9? Or to make an effective wholesale site, are we going to need a slew of modules, or make a second store altogether?

Would we use the Inventory Kit Builder to create "three packs" of items with different sizes (1 small, 1 medium, and 1 large)?

And if so, can the display / availability of inventory kits be controlled by Price groups / availability groups?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Siamese-Dream.Com; 12-22-14, 11:25 AM.
    Mark Romero
    ~~~~~~~~

Re: Any New Wholesale Options With MM9???

I know we build a lot of these in our PS group, and the only new thing in 9 that I think would make it easier is the Volume Pricing/New Price Group stuff.

I think you'll find everything is built in to do this very well.

If you find anything missing, let me know.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

I've done some pretty extensive testing setting up a retail/wholesale scenerio. Even with Volume pricing for both retail and wholesale. V9 is pretty awesome for this type of setup.

The only issue we've run into, a deal breaker at this point, is that in Retail the unit of measure is different than Wholesale, resulting in different product weights.
      Ron Frigon
      Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Thank you for the explanation, Rick.

I will look through the various group options and the new volume pricing options as well.

Thanks again.
        Last edited by Siamese-Dream.Com; 12-22-14, 12:09 PM.
        Mark Romero
        ~~~~~~~~

Comment

@ Ron:

Thanks for the reply. You mentioned:

The only issue we've run into, a deal breaker at this point, is that in Retail the unit of measure is different than Wholesale, resulting in different product weights.
          Could you elaborate on this a bit? How exactly are you setting up the wholesale products?
          Mark Romero
          ~~~~~~~~

Comment

For wholesale I created 2 Price Groups. One with Volume Pricing, one without.

1)
            Name: Volume Price - Wholesale
            Eligibility: Specific Customers
            Type: Volume Pricing
            Gouping: All eligible products
            Pricing and Progressive are set to the default setting
            Pricing Table is left empty. Products will have their own volume price table.
            Priority: set higher than any retail priorities

Click Save and assign the eligible products by clicking the Discounted Products button. Only these products will get the Volume Price - Wholesale fields.

2)
            Name: Wholesale Price
            Type: Specific Sale Price

Click Save and assign the eligible products by clicking the Discounted Products button. Only these products will get the Wholesale Price field.

When you edit any products assigned to the group you'll see the additional pricing fields. At the product level there is an absolute price for volume pricing too. I believe percent and fixed are only covered in the docs. I think a key point for volume pricing, also couldn't find in the docs, it that when you create the group you can leave the pricing fields empty and edit them at the product level. One price group with different volume prices for different products.

I may be able to get around part of my issue with Bill's CIM Min and Max qty module. My issue being that in retail an item may be priced per 3 dozen. In wholesale pricing is by the dozen, but must be purchased in units of 3 dozen. Changing this price structure is not an option. So essentially my wholesale product weight, in this example, is a third of the retail product weight.

I hope this makes sense. I think I've just confused myself...
            Ron Frigon

Comment

Thanks so much, Ron!!!

I will have to set aside time and prepare my notepad to read thyrough your post though ;)

But I really appreciate the detailed description.

Thanks again.
              Mark Romero
              ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Frigon View Post
                2)
                Name: Wholesale Price
                Type: Specific Sale Price

Click Save and assign the eligible products by clicking the Discounted Products button. Only these products will get the Wholesale Price field.

When you edit any products assigned to the group you'll see the additional pricing fields. At the product level there is an absolute price for volume pricing too.
                I'm trying to basically set up "Dealer Cost" for specific customers. What I want to do is have two separate prices on each product. One will be regular price and one will be dealer price. I have done everything above and I still only see "Price" and "Cost" for the price fields. Am I supposed to be seeing other fields ("Dealer Cost")?

Thanks,
                Eric

Comment

Hey Eric,

Don't think of it as Price and Cost. You won't be using the product "Cost" field as you would in the old price group system. Once you set up your price group and assign it to an item, when you edit that item you should see a new price field. You may need to scroll down toward the bottom of the product edit page.

Then if you log into the website, and are assigned to the price group, you'll see the different price.
                  Ron Frigon

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Frigon View Post
                    Don't think of it as Price and Cost. You won't be using the product "Cost" field as you would in the old price group system. Once you set up your price group and assign it to an item, when you edit that item you should see a new price field. You may need to scroll down toward the bottom of the product edit page.

Then if you log into the website, and are assigned to the price group, you'll see the different price.
                    Thanks, Ron. I "sort of" got it working. But for some reason it ONLY displays my test product to people that are in the price group. So if you aren't in the price group it says the product doesn't exist. I basically just want it to display the regular price to everyone who isn't in the price group. Any ideas?

Thanks,
                    Eric

Comment

But for some reason it ONLY displays my test product to people that are in the price group.
                      I'm not sure if Price Groups have that kind of control. Are you shure it's not also assigned to an availability group?
                      Ron Frigon

Comment

Ha! It WAS assigned to an availability group as well. I guess I did that when I was trying to figure out things and forgot. Got it figure out now. :)

Thanks,
                        Eric
                        Last edited by SpeakerRepair.com; 02-19-15, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X