Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I still need these modules in Version 9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will I still need these modules in Version 9?

I am upgrading to 9 and eventually want to reduce the number of modules I am using. Will I still need these, or does built in functionality work as well?

Restock Shelves

Template Data feed for feeds to Search engines

Wait List Manager

Show Baskets
    Thank you,
    John

Re: Will I still need these modules in Version 9?

I am fairly certain you will want to keep all of them.

As far as I can tell, there is no native Miva Merchant equivalent, but I have been wrong many a time in the past.
    Mark Romero
    ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Depends. If its just Google/Bing/Ask (which, IMO are the only ones most need, then Moogle will be much simplier--and its free).

Show Baskets:

I'm not sure why this is really useful...seems like analytics would show you this.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

One of the nice things about show basket is that if you have a long basket timeout (like I do) and if one of your products is out of stock, then you can delete that particular basket without having to wait for it to expire naturally.

I get bots that click the add to basket button on a one-of-a-kind item, and then that product is out of stock" for 3 days. With show baskets, I can easily put it back in stock.

there might be other ways to do this... but this is the only way that i know of.
        Mark Romero
        ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Siamese-Dream.Com View Post
          One of the nice things about show basket is that if you have a long basket timeout (like I do) and if one of your products is out of stock, then you can delete that particular basket without having to wait for it to expire naturally.

I get bots that click the add to basket button on a one-of-a-kind item, and then that product is out of stock" for 3 days. With show baskets, I can easily put it back in stock.

there might be other ways to do this... but this is the only way that i know of.
          That is one of the reasons I use it.
          Thank you,
          John

Comment

None of those 4 are currently built in, but all 4 equivalencies will be added to 9.x this year.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post

Depends. If its just Google/Bing/Ask (which, IMO are the only ones most need, then Moogle will be much simplier--and its free).

Show Baskets:

I'm not sure why this is really useful...seems like analytics would show you this.
              Oops. I am using the data feed for Product advertising. Isn't Moogle just for general Search engine crawling?
              Last edited by widgetsupply; 01-06-15, 01:38 PM.
              Thank you,
              John

Comment

John:

Moogle submits to Bing and Ask as well as Google.
                Gordon Currie
                Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                phosphormedia.com

Comment

Are we talking XML Sitemaps or Data Feeds here? Moogle is for sitemaps, Template Data Feed is often used for both sitemaps and product feeds to comparison/shopping engines.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
                    Are we talking XML Sitemaps or Data Feeds here? Moogle is for sitemaps, Template Data Feed is often used for both sitemaps and product feeds to comparison/shopping engines.
                    I use Moogle for my sitemap and Template Data feed for my Shopping engine submission. I got a little confused above.
                    Thank you,
                    John

Comment

Working...
                    X