Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is My Google Analytics Module Working Correctly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is My Google Analytics Module Working Correctly?

wondering what's up with my google analytics module.

If I look at the page source of my home page and scroll down to where the javascript is for the google analytics module, I see something that makes me think it is not working as it should be:

There's a line that says:

Code:
    var mvga_tracker = new MVGA_Tracker( 'http:\/\/www.siamese-dream.com\/product\/', '', 'peacock-wallets', 'Peacock Wallets by Lavishy', mvga_basketitems, mvga_orderitems );
    Is that line SUPPOSED to be present on the home page?

Kind of surprised because I am browsing the site with an empty shopping basket.

The whole javascript being output looks like this:

Code:
    <script language="JavaScript">
    <!--
    var Screen = 'SFNT';
    var Product_Code = '';
    //-->
    </script>

<script>
    (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
    (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
    m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
    })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-2493872-1', 'auto');

var mvga_basketitems = [

];

var mvga_orderitems = [

];

var mvga_productlist = [];

var mvga_tracker = new MVGA_Tracker( 'http:\/\/www.siamese-dream.com\/product\/', '', 'peacock-wallets', 'Peacock Wallets by Lavishy', mvga_basketitems, mvga_orderitems );

ga( 'send', 'pageview' );

</script>
    Anyway, this is on the home page with nothing in the shopping cart.

thanks in advance.
    Mark Romero
    ~~~~~~~~

Re: Is My Google Analytics Module Working Correctly?

At least you are getting GoogleAnalytics to show up, nothing is being posted on my pages.

Paul

Comment

wondering what's up with my google analytics module.
      Mark, I suspect it is picking up the peakcock item from the "What's Popular" display/product list. (mvga_productlist) That said it is not picking up the other items in that display, which points to something being wrong with that portion of the tracking.

At least you are getting GoogleAnalytics to show up, nothing is being posted on my pages.
      Paul, if you are having issues, we can definitely help in this area. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need assistance with your GA integration.

Comment

Thank you Dan for the offer, I finally got it to work (I can now remove this aging mive support request- they seem to be overworked at the moment).

I had to unassigned all the pages the model was on and remove the module from the store and then install it again.

Paul
        Last edited by meum71; 01-09-15, 09:54 AM.

Comment

@ Dan:

Mark, I suspect it is picking up the peakcock item from the "What's Popular" display/product list. (mvga_productlist) That said it is not picking up the other items in that display, which points to something being wrong with that portion of the tracking.
          So just to clarify, the code SHOULD include ALL of the products that are listed in the Most Popular slider area?

Also another question for you.

I am using ToolKit short links (so I am NOT using /product or /category identifiers in the URLs).

Now if I go to my Jackets and Coats page, I see that the GA code includes this line:

var mvga_tracker = new MVGA_Tracker( 'http:\/\/www.siamese-dream.com\/product\/', 'Jackets and Coats', '', '', mvga_basketitems, mvga_orderitems );
          Should I be concerned that the MBGA_Tracker is inlcuding /product/ in the URL even though it is a category page AND in reality the URL doesn't have ANY identifier in it at all?

The actual page URL is: http://www.siamese-dream.com/Jackets.html

Also, why would it NOT list any of the products on the Category page when the GA code returned from the HOME page DOES include the Peacock Wallets?

Thanks in advance.
          Mark Romero
          ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X