Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva Synchro, Windows 8/8.1 Pro

Hello.

I've had an ongoing issue with my Synchro registration being deleted since I started using Windows 8 and now 8.1 Pro. When this occurs, often weekly, I must complete the registration form each time to use Synchro. Since this Windows version is out for over two years now, I was hoping to have the problem dealt with at this point. Technical support has not been able to resolve the problem.

I'm also finding that since Miva 9 was released, I can no longer be logged in as an administrator while downloading orders. This has never been the case in the past. I can see why this is occurring, but I'm wondering why Synchro's use of Miva counts as a user.

Finally, a comment. It seems that Synchro has become sort of an orphaned program. With the recent upgrade to Miva 9, I realized that Synchro was not working properly. I downloaded the updated module made available by tech support. In with the zip file was documentation going back only as far as Windows Vista. Windows 7 is now over five years old and no mention of it?

Perhaps some attention could be given to Synchro to freshen it up a bit such us updating the UI and features as well as updating support documents that are being made available with it. I know that it is not fully aligned with newer versions of QuickBooks as I cannot match up certain fields that I would like to be able to direct data to when downloading new orders.

Cordially,

dr bug

Re: Miva Synchro, Windows 8/8.1 Pro

Synchro is DEFINITELY NOT an orphaned program. We've had 2 significant releases in the past 12 months and are knee deep in the next one.

I'll ask support/dev to look into this for you. As for freshening up the UI though of a Desktop app for accounting, that's not super likely anytime soon.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks for the notes on docs, we'll get those updated.

As for this question:

I'm wondering why Synchro's use of Miva counts as a user.
      It's because Synchro logs in as a user, and Miva has no way to know human from program. You can change your URL in Synchro though so that it logs out the second it's done Sync-ing and therefore doesn't tie up a user for very long.

I'll have Support post those instructions as well.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hello Mr. Wilson. Thanks for the prompt reply to my post:

No insult intended! My comments about Synchro were based on the observation that the interface is unchanged for a long time. So although your team is actively working on the product functionally, the results are not apparent. Perhaps more communication with Synchro users about new versions and their features would bring attention to the hard work that you are doing for Synchro users.

I will mention that I had an odd experience when I updated to version 1.71. I installed both the module at the store and the program on my local system. After that, my store was not detected after completing the registration form. When I reinstalled the older version of the software on my system without changing the module, the store reappeared. Not what I would have expected.

Thanks again,

dr bug

Comment

Working...
        X