block customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

block customers

Is there a way to block certain customers from either seeing products or seeing the Add to Basket buttons? I thought about Availability Groups, but that works the opposite way of what my client wants. I was hoping to block someone based upon their email address.
    Does anybody have any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Cameron
    Trent Studios, LLC
    Graphic Design, Website Design
    TrentStudios.com
    (970) 568-8652

Re: block customers

Well the short and ugly way would be to block the OCST page from going to OSEL based on the email address...Wrap the hidden input screen=OPAY with <mvt:if expr="g.ShipEmail:></mvt:if>

You won't know their email address on the product page.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

"I was hoping to block someone based upon their email address."

How will you know their Email address when they are on a product page?

Comment

Not to mention WHICH of the 12 email addresses I will be using :)
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

You can't really block pages by email address because they would need to log in (and already have an account) in order to know what their email address is. Until they log in, everything is available.

You would have to do it the other way around: Block everyone until they log in, then restrict the certain email addresses or users.

Here is an example from one of our sites. You can't see prices without logging in:
          http://fareastwholesale.net/category/mala.html

Sounds like they are trying to block certain competitors from seeing their products and prices? If so, it can't be done.
          Jim Sisk
          Uncommon Treasures

Comment

It's not clear what the reasoning is behind what you're trying to do, but we had to implement something similar in our store due to rampant fraud issues, especially from Indonesia and Singapore.

What we do when we run across one of these shysters is block their IP address using functionality within Toolkit.

Once added to the block list, that customer sees the Maintenance Mode message and is unable to access any portion of the site.
            www.kicks-ind.com
            www.comp-n-choke.com

Comment

Working...
            X