No announcement yet.

Unable to migrate to 9, KSE variables & KSE Google modules preventing migration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to migrate to 9, KSE variables & KSE Google modules preventing migration

Hello forum: I have a ticket on this but no response after 24 hours. The two KSE modules are not assigned to any pages but the Miva 9 migration process is being blocked. Miva admin will not allow the deletion of these 2 modules. Would like to know which database table needs to be cleaned up to eliminate this problem.

Thanks, Larry
    Last edited by wajake41; 01-15-15, 11:45 AM.
    Larry
    Luce Kanun Web Design
    www.facebook.com/wajake41
    www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

Re: Unable to migrate to 9, KSE variables & KSE Google modules preventing migration

Hey Larry,

You should be able to got to Global Settings > Modules > find the one you want and click edit. Uncheck the active box and click update. This should solve your issue.
    Ron Frigon
    Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Re: Unable to migrate to 9, KSE variables & KSE Google modules preventing migration

Thanks Ron: Already tried that & it didn't work for me. Attempting to delete it there also gives the message that it is being used but no pages are listed. I think Miva is confused:(
      Larry
      Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

You'll need to delete the item from your Items list. Click on Pages -> Items, search for the item you're seeing in the error and delete it.
        Jim McCormick
        Miva Merchant Support
        866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hi Jim:
          Already been thru that. I see the KSE rows involved in the Modules table & the s01_StoreModules table. Can I just delete those rows?
          Larry
          Larry
          Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

Jim:
            FYI. When I attempt the migrate, it did not list any pages, even thought it still prevented the migration. This is happening on two of our sites.
            Last edited by wajake41; 01-15-15, 01:23 PM.
            Larry
            Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

When it doesn't list the pages it normally gives you the item. Can you copy and paste the entire error?
              Jim McCormick
              Miva Merchant Support
              866-284-9812

Comment

The dialog only is shown on the first attempt to migrate.
                Now I get this:
                The Miva Merchant Upgrade advisor has determined that the following issues may affect the functionality of Miva Merchant after the installation of mm90000. You must resolve these issues before continuing.
                If you would like assistance to resolve these issues, click the Request Assistance button below and a Miva Merchant Support Technician will contact you as soon as possible.

The KSE Variables and Entities Module has been discontinued.

Recommend full uninstall and update to the new GD Variables & Entities replacement. Contact
                [email protected] for more information.

(Red added to indicate the message obtained) For both of the KSE modules

Also have not heard from support yet on this.
                Last edited by wajake41; 01-15-15, 01:31 PM.
                Larry
                Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

I am looking for the error when you attempt to remove the module. If you removed the module directly in the database you most likely left pieces of the module still installed which is why it's always best to remove it while in the admin.
                  Jim McCormick
                  Miva Merchant Support
                  866-284-9812

Comment

Hi Jim: Have not yet updated either the Module or s01_StoreModules tables. Have attempted numerous times to remove via admin. It doesn't work because the module's rows in both tables have a 1 in refcount.
                    Updating the tables directly is the least desirable option in my estimation and will be only done if nothing else works.
                    Still waiting for support
                    Larry
                    Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

What is the error you get when you try to remove it in the admin? You won't be able to delete it in the modules list. I believe that module is a Utility module so you will at least need to unassign it there. If all of its items have been unassigned from all pages AND the items have been deleted than you should be able to unassign it. If not then it will give you an error telling you which items are assigned to which pages. If it only lists the items then they have not been deleted.
                      Last edited by Jim McCormick; 01-15-15, 01:41 PM.
                      Jim McCormick
                      Miva Merchant Support
                      866-284-9812

Comment

Both modules are deactivated in system extensions. When I attempt to delete the module in the module tab, the dialog states "the module is in use by one or more stores."
                        Larry
                        Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

Jim:
                          What would be the potential consequence if I force delete these modules by changing the refcount to 0 and then deleting them via admin module delete? There shouldn't be any I would guess.
                          Larry
                          Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

What store is this for or what is the ticket you have? I searched for tickets regarding rvparksupplies.com and don't see anything recent. Before we go that far I would like to take a look.
                            Jim McCormick
                            Miva Merchant Support
                            866-284-9812

Comment

Hi Jim:
                              Ticket GWU-884-47506
                              site: orange-traffic-cones.com CSSUI
                              We have the same issue on rvparksupplies.com MMUI
                              Thanks, Larry
                              Larry
                              Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

Working...
                              X