No announcement yet.

Unable to migrate to 9, KSE variables & KSE Google modules preventing migration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unable to migrate to 9, KSE variables & KSE Google modules preventing migration

Sorry, just now seeing this thread. Wajake41, who did you reach out to for support? (Miva Merchant support or Glendale Designs)

The KSE modules being installed should not prevent upgrade to M9, it should just be a notice type warning that these module have been discontinue some time back and are no longer supported/updated. As already stated, sounds like an improper removal process. If you want to PM me directly I can take a look.

Comment

Re: Unable to migrate to 9, KSE variables & KSE Google modules preventing migration

Problem solved:
      Got this from support and was able to delete the two KSE modules via admin:
      "Hello,

You cant
      delete modules, while they are inactive but still turned on. So I have activated
      them under modules. Go ahead and delete the two KSE modules.

Let me know
      if you have any problems.

If you have any questions or concerns, please
      don't hesitate to contact us by responding to this email or calling in to our
      24/7 Toll Free Support Line at 800-608-6482. Make sure to have your ticket
      number, which is located in the subject line of this email, so that our support
      representative can quickly locate your account in our system.

Kind
      Regards,

Chris Sandberg"

Cheers, Larry
      Larry
      Luce Kanun Web Design
      www.facebook.com/wajake41
      www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

Comment

I'm having the same issue on my dev store I'm trying to upgrade. I've removed KSE Variables & Entities from all pages and deleted it from Pages -> Items. However, I still can't delete the actual module under modules.....it says it's in use by 1 store.

EDIT: FIXED: Finally got it fixed. You need to make sure you:

- go into Pages -> Items and view all the pages it's assigned to. Then uncheck to remove from all pages
        - delete it from Pages -> Items
        - Click on System Extension Settings and unassign it from there

Then you should be able to delete it. I was missing that last part.

-Kevin
        Last edited by lancermedia; 01-21-15, 06:41 AM.
        Web Design and Development, Internet Marketing
        Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Just to clarify, this is the standard uninstall process for all Miva modules, not just KSE Analytics and Variables/Entities. If the module has been deactivated under the Modules section of the admin, it must first be re-enabled before the removal process can be completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
            Just to clarify, this is the standard uninstall process for all Miva modules, not just KSE Analytics and Variables/Entities. If the module has been deactivated under the Modules section of the admin, it must first be re-enabled before the removal process can be completed.

This is why its a good idea to REMOVE modules no longer used instead of De Activating--if possible.
            Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

FYI I just removed this module in preparation for a Miva 9 upgrade and it seems to have broken the Quote system. It looks like the quote system also needs an upgrade so not sure if the newest version is not dependent on the kse-variables (it was an item in the Quote Customer Email).
              Last edited by habreu; 01-23-15, 01:02 PM.

Comment

FYI I just removed this module in preparation for a Miva 9 upgrade and it seems to have broken the Quote system. It looks like the quote system also needs an upgrade so not sure if the newest version is not dependent on the kse-variables (it was an item in the Quote Customer Email).
                There would be no dependancy between KSE Variables & Entities and a Quote System. You are most likely trying to call the kse-variables item into that template, but it can't find the module since it has been removed.

Comment

Ok, well I'll look some more. For some reason it was referenced by one of the Quote Emails, and I removed it from items, then deleted it. However I submitted a test Quote and no longer arrives. In any case there is a Quote system update so maybe it is no realted as you said. Thanks Dan.

Comment

See if it is still in the template code for that email.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
                      See if it is still in the template code for that email.
                      No, it's gone. In either case the two additional Quotes I sent a few minutes ago did work so must have been something else. I added 2 + 2 and got the wrong answer apparently. Thanks.

Comment

You should now replace it with our GD Variables & Test Orders, it's still free and adds Test Order capabilities :)

http://apps.miva.com/product/GD-VARIABLES.html

Comment

Working...
                        X