Viking - UPS Custom Integration - V9 Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viking - UPS Custom Integration - V9 Upgrade

We used to use the Viking UPS module, but not for some time. The module has been deactivated. The module cannot be removed because it's associated with orders. V9 will not install because the UPS Module requires an update first.

UPS Custom must be upgraded to fix multiple runtime errors in Version 9.
    UPS Custom will present multiple runtime errors as well as issues with the Order Shipping Calculator unless it is updated to the latest version for Miva Merchant 9.

I can't remove the module which I don't use anymore. I can't upgrade to V9 because of the incompatability of a module I can't remove.

Do I have to delete all orders from the site associated with the module to be able to move forward?

Edit: We also have the Viking USPS Advanced module installed, but deactivated, on other sites. Will this module cause the same issue?

Yes, another edit: Why was I able to update my dev sites with the same versions of the Viking modules installed, but I can't update my live sites?
    Last edited by Ron Frigon; 01-16-15, 09:58 AM.
    Ron Frigon
    Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Re: Viking - UPS Custom Integration - V9 Upgrade

Probably because we recently updated the upgrade advisor to be more strict since these mods were causing issues.

Let me find out your resolution.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hey Ron -

There is no great way to do this. Here are your options:

1. Update the module version number in the database to bypass the update adviser check. This is the easiest solution. The upgrade adviser is only looking to see if the version number 6.002 or higher.

2. Contact emediasales to see if you can get upgraded copies of this module

3. Delete all orders that use this module.

Out of all of these options #1 is the best option. I'm going to talk with development and see if we can implement a solution to allow old payment and shipping modules to be removed even if they are tied to orders.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]

Comment

Hey Brennen,

Option #1 seemed to work just fine.

I've reached out to Emedia as well. Hopefully there will be a better solution.
        Ron Frigon
        Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Hello Ron,

We will reach out to you about this issue and help you find a resolution.

Thanks,
          Amir Torabi
          VikingCoders/Emediasales
          [email protected]

Comment

How do I change the version in the database? I need to do this as well. We were using it, but don't want to any longer. We are moving to Fedex. We have fedex working fine on our other store that is running 9. I don't know if it is the version or the fact we have this module installed. What is the best way to handle this?

Comment

I found a way to change the version within the database under the modules table. Does anyone know where the orders are linked because I can just remove that within the db as well. I am thinking it is under the ship_data column in the _Orders table.
              Chris Dye
              http://www.kseriesparts.com

Comment

well, never mind, you can delete the module once you get to ver 9, go figure. one of the benefits of the upgrade...
                Chris Dye
                http://www.kseriesparts.com

Comment

I've also been using the Viking Coders UPS Custom Integration for years and years. I now see some compatibility issues with MIVA9, i.e. Runtime Errors, blocking legacy images.. I have another more recent store that has UPS already built in... Why do I not have that in my older shop? Does the custom integration keep it from being active? Thanks for any help/feedback!

Comment

The reason you are having issues could be related to the version of UPS custom you are using. When upgrading to 9, did you get a prompt with regards to UPS custom, asking you to upgrade your version? Your older store needs to be configured to use online tools, but first, how are you using UPS custom? What do you need it to do for you? Give us a call anytime or email, and we can help you resolve your issue.

Thanks.
                    Last edited by VikingSupport; 07-09-15, 07:50 PM.
                    Amir Torabi
                    VikingCoders/Emediasales
                    [email protected]

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I am using Version 5.030. I was not part of the upgrade to MIVA 9, so I was not aware of any prompts to update the UPS Custom module. I use UPS for domestic shipping, Ground, 2 Day and Air options. My main issue is with some runtime errors blocking my legacy images. I would like to configure my site to use online tools. Any help there, or best option maybe? Thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

andrewbond,

Originally posted by andrewbond View Post
                        Thanks for the reply. I am using Version 5.030. I was not part of the upgrade to MIVA 9, so I was not aware of any prompts to update the UPS Custom module. I use UPS for domestic shipping, Ground, 2 Day and Air options. My main issue is with some runtime errors blocking my legacy images. I would like to configure my site to use online tools. Any help there, or best option maybe? Thanks for the quick reply!
                        Review page 370 of our reference guide (http://miva.com/referenceguide) regarding how to enable UPS Online Tools.

Contact Miva Support if you run into any issues or questions setting up the UPS Online Tools module. You can either email support @ [email protected] or call us at 800-608-6482.
                        Wayne Smith

Comment

Originally posted by wsmith View Post
                          Review page 370 of our reference guide (http://miva.com/referenceguide) regarding how to enable UPS Online Tools.

Contact Miva Support if you run into any issues or questions setting up the UPS Online Tools module. You can either email support @ [email protected] or call us at 800-608-6482.
                          Wayne,

I'm trying to use the built-in UPS Online Tools module instead of the Viking Coders module. I have it set up, but I'm not getting the shipping methods to display during checkout. Is there anything else that needs to be done to get them to show up?

Thanks,
                          Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
                            1. Update the module version number in the database to bypass the update adviser check. This is the easiest solution. The upgrade adviser is only looking to see if the version number 6.002 or higher.
                            I've got the built-in UPS Online Tools module working now. I need to edit the version for Viking Coders UPS Custom so I can upgrade to Miva 9. Can someone please let me know what TABLE in the database needs to be edited?

Thanks!
                            Eric

Comment

Im not 100% sure if there is a database fix for the UPS Custom mod. You may have to update to the latest version. If there is there would be a licensing table for the module and column named mvcool_v which would have a value of 5. This would need to be updated to a 9.
                              Brennan Heyde
                              VP Product
                              Miva, Inc.
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X