CTUS form page error processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTUS form page error processing

I have not been able to find anything in the forums about the issue with the contact form in the CTUS page.

When I tried to submit the form in the CTUS page or contact us form I am get this error: Error: Form processing halted for suspicious activity!

Any help will be much appreciated.
    Carlos

Re: CTUS form page error processing

Are all the fields filled in? There is a chance the form processor is not setup correctly. If you can post a link I can take a look
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Aloha Brennan. Here is the link: http://dev.shakatime.com/CTUS.html

It was generated with the Suvian theme.

Comment

The ReadyThemes have some built in spam protection. On page load it makes a call out to a php page (token.php) which generates a unique token. This then gets saved as a cookie and passed to the form processor.

The issue you are having is the token.php page is outputing a bunch of warnings:

Code:
        Strict Standards: mktime(): You should be using the time() function instead in /home/devshak/public_html/forms/token.php on line 3

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/devshak/public_html/forms/token.php:3) in /home/devshak/public_html/forms/token.php on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/devshak/public_html/forms/token.php:3) in /home/devshak/public_html/forms/token.php on line 8

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/devshak/public_html/forms/token.php:3) in /home/devshak/public_html/forms/token.php on line 11

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/devshak/public_html/forms/token.php:3) in /home/devshak/public_html/forms/token.php on line 14

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/devshak/public_html/forms/token.php:3) in /home/devshak/public_html/forms/token.php on line 15

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/devshak/public_html/forms/token.php:3) in /home/devshak/public_html/forms/token.php on line 18

Try adding this line of code to the top of that token.php page (/forms/token.php)

<?php
        error_reporting(0);
        ?>

This should suppress those warnings.
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Aloha Brennan,

I added the code and the form works but I get this message back after the form is submitted.

<br /><b>Strict Standards</b>: mktime(): You should be using the time() function instead in <b>/home/devshak/public_html/forms/contactForm.php</b> on line <b>30</b><br />Thank you for your inquiry. A Shaka Time Hawaiian Clothing Store representitive will contact you shortly.

Comment

Looks like you need to add that same line of code to the form processor itself.

it is in /forms/ContactForm.php
            Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

Brennan, that did the trick.... thanks

Comment

Brennan, we are having an issue where upon submission it forwards to the actual contactForm.php file and says Invalid Token. What's up with that? :) I've PM'd you a link. This isn't hosted with you and sits with WebNet so I thought that may be at play as ModSec does odd things here and there on their servers, but I see in the actual PHP file it says something about a timestamp and blah, blah, blah.
                Ted Hust
                AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
                Miva Merchant Design

Comment

Aloha Brennan,

Can I create additional pages and use the same contact form or do I have to create additional php forms.

Thanks

Comment

The issue is that we have spam protection built into the form. If you move it to a new page you have two options, remove the spam protection or carry it over to the new page (requires some JavaScript)

Here is how it works:

On page load an ajax call is which hits /forms/token.php. This returns a unix timestamp which is then dynamically inserted into the page into a hidden input. The PHP form processor needs this value in order to process the form. This is why you are getting the error.

The easiest way to allow you to use this same logic on other pages is to change the body id on your new page to be:

<body id="jsCTUS" >

This will allow all the same JavaScript to execute on page load.
                    Brennan Heyde
                    VP Product
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

Aloha Brennan,

I added the body tags and it worked!

Thanks
                      Last edited by Shakatime; 01-31-15, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Hello Brennan,

I just noticed our Contact Form does not work at all. Our customer service agents have never received a ticket since going live with suivant. Any idea what problem i should look for?

I just returned home from a meeting in Maui. Why am I not administering my site from Lahaina?
                        Jamin Jones, CEO
                        the Appalachian Offroad Motorcycle Company

Comment

Everything on the front end looks like it is working. What email are you using for your store email address? Maybe it is going to the wrong address? The contact form uses the Store Email as its To address.
                          Brennan Heyde
                          VP Product
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

Our standard store address [email protected] works just fine. It automatically gets sent to our Zendesk ticketing system. There's nothing showing up there or in the Suspended Tickets (SPAM).
                            Jamin Jones, CEO
                            the Appalachian Offroad Motorcycle Company

Comment

Looks like it may be going to spam. I just did a test and put in email and it worked for me. You can test it with your email by updating the store email address to confirm. Perhaps your ticket system is seeing it as spam?
                              Brennan Heyde
                              VP Product
                              Miva, Inc.
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X