No announcement yet.

Another question about seats, regarding Sebenza's Order Status Import module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question about seats, regarding Sebenza's Order Status Import module

Hi all, I opened a ticket with Sebenza about this yesterday but haven't heard back, maybe someone here already knows.

We use the XML Connectivity feature of the order status import module. We have a PHP script that sends XML POST data to Sebenza's module. Normally we pass a Miva admin username / password login with the POST data, meaning an admin seat will be needed for the PHP script, which seems silly.

Therefore, does anyone know of a way to send the POST data without requiring the admin username / password?
    Looking for work as of March 2024! I've been a web developer for going on 20 years, with most of that time spent on Miva sites.

Re: Another question about seats, regarding Sebenza's Order Status Import module

The Sebenza module would need to be rewritten to accomodate this, plus it would have to use the Miva API to do this which has not been released yet.

I agree that equating an admin session that has a UI and human interaction with an admin session with no UI and used with no human interaction is silly.
    Gordon Currie
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Re: Another question about seats, regarding Sebenza's Order Status Import module

Thanks, I wasn't aware that a Miva API was in the works. Still no word from Sebenza. Not sure if they'll update the module or what. If not we'll have to modify the PHP script so it basically mimics the module functionality (updates their tables, sends emails automatically, etc). Ugh.
      Looking for work as of March 2024! I've been a web developer for going on 20 years, with most of that time spent on Miva sites.

Comment

On the API - Miva has not officially committed to this yet, but I think they will have enough data to make a decision by MivaCon. Then it will take some time to build the API, and more time for developers to update and test. It's not going to be quick, so you may want to find other solutions.
        Gordon Currie
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Yep looks like we'll have to update the PHP script. Still no response from Sebenza.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike521w View Post
            Yep looks like we'll have to update the PHP script. Still no response from Sebenza.
            I wouldn't expect a timely response from Sebenza:
            http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...ll-in-business

-Kevin
            Web Design and Development, Internet Marketing
            Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Thanks Kevin, I think I remember seeing some of those threads about Sebenza previously. I guess they're focusing on searchspring nowadays.

Comment

Working...
              X