Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One page checkout

In your features section for Miva 9 it says:
    Checkout is what makes ecommerce sites more complicated than normal websites. We take the pain out of checkout for you and your customers. Checkout flow can be completely optimized for any unique business needs, including One Page Checkouts, 2 Step Checkouts or more traditional 3 and 4 Page Checkouts. No two businesses are alike, and their checkout processes shouldn't have to be either.

I have looked, but cannot find where to change my store to a 2 or 1 page checkout. Right now it goes through 3 pages and then the order confirmation.

Thank you for your help.

Re: One page checkout

There is no built in 'one' page checkout because there is no One Page works for all businesses. (In fact, most one page checkouts do horribly for conversion and order value.)

There are several approaches to building what works for you, but since this is a very complicated part of ANY system, I'd recommend contacting a developer. Several, including us, have different options available.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

One Page Checkout is something you either need to code by hand or hire someone to do for you.

So Miva supports virtually any checkout flow, but due to the very finicky nature of One Page Checkouts, we don't make them Point and Click.

Here's some info on our OPC Service: http://www.miva.com/one-page-checkout

But I also believe both Phosphor Media and Glendale Designs offer specific Checkout Customization products.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hi Rick,
        Thank you for the response. I do not understand why this is listed on the features page if it is an additional cost? Is there a way to set up a 2 page checkout, or does that also need custom development?

I am concerned about buying the One Page Checkout because it appears that it would eliminate any custom coding that we have already done on our pages and also we need to pay extra to continue having the modules we are using function? Once you have the OPC is is possible to make changes to the code yourself (as we do with Miva), or do you have to contact the developer to make changes?

Comment

I can only speak about our offering "Optimal Checkout". We specifically made it (its a service and a module) compatible with all built in features and most third party. Essentially our approach is OPTIMIZE the checkout flow, ensuring that the customer is guided correctly through the checkout process. This is fundamentally much more important than the number of pages...in fact, in most "shortened" checkout, the path becomes muddy BECAUSE they are trying to just cut the page count.

www.phosphormedia.com/product/pm_checkout.html
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

tleah1,

None of the Checkout customizations (as far as page steps go) are Point and Click.

However our new Ready Themes come with optimized Checkouts built in: www.miva.com/readythemes but this would require you starting your look and feel over from scratch. While that may sound daunting (since I don't know your site, I can't speak to it specifically), in many cases it's the fastest route to both a better site and better sales.

Otherwise companies like both Phosphor (Bruce who's replying here), Glendale Designs and our own team are all experts in doing customized checkouts (and working around your customizations).

I wouldn't just buy our One Page Checkout though without talking to someone on my team first.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

As for why we listed it as a feature, it's simply because it's both possible and common. Although perhaps we could add some sort of icon to denote Point and Click features from Advanced Features. I'll look into that.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

Did you every find a solution for this? We do a 2 page checkout for a client of ours using ajax. PM me for details if you like.
                James Byrne, (USMC Vet.)
                After Dark Grafx
                "We Work After Dark So You Don't Have To!"
                E-Commerce - Design - Hosting - Printing
                Miva Standard Partner. Get up and running fast!
                http://www.afterdarkgrafx.com :: sales [ at ] afterdarkgrafx.com

Comment

Working...
                X