OSEL Screen Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OSEL Screen Problem

A customer puts a product in the shopping cart, goes through the OINF screen and gets to the OSEL screen. On that screen, there are no shipping methods displayed, and instead it says "Estimated Shipping ($0.00)." She selects a credit card option and clicks continue. Nothing happens.

I follow the same procedure here and everything works properly. I need some help in troubleshooting the issue. My guess is that something on her computer is preventing her from putting a cookie on her machine or else that her network is preventing her from dealing with e-commerce sites. Any guesses about what the problem is and what I can do to help her fix it?

Marty Kobren
    Unique Specialties, Inc.

Re: OSEL Screen Problem

What you are describing **looks like** a failure of a shipping method.

Check her information and make sure a bad zip code isn't being used or something similar like a zip+city combo.

Especially since it's not something that you've encountered before, which points away from generic things like cookies.

IMHO, anyway.

EDIT: Unless that estimated shipping part is a correct behavior, then I'm way off.
    Last edited by nottheusual1; 01-22-15, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, but when I do an intentional mismatch between zip code, city and state, the system relies on the zip code and calculates a shipping charge and otherwise does what it is supposed to do. I tried putting in her order with the same data from here, and it seems to work. It's got to be something unique to her machine or network node. She did say that she talked with her IT department, and she even tried to put the order in using a smart phone and another machine in the office.

Comment

Yeah, I think you nailed it.

Comment

Working...
        X