Offer free shipping only if certain product(s) are in the cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offer free shipping only if certain product(s) are in the cart

I was hoping the new Miva 9 would allow for this scenario: setup free shipping options that give the entire order free shipping IF any of a select certain products are in the cart.

I see the new Shipping Discount - Discounted Products Only option, but even though there is a Qualifying and Discounted Products buttons.....it seems Miva ignores the Qualifying button.

Anyone know of a way to do this in stock Miva 9?

EDIT: I also notice even on the general Shipping Discount, the Qualifying Products option doesn't seem to do anything? Is this correct?

-Kevin
    Last edited by lancermedia; 01-22-15, 02:49 PM.
    Web Design and Development, Internet Marketing
    Lancer Media, Inc.

Re: Offer free shipping only if certain product(s) are in the cart

Ok, I think I figured it out and why the Qualifying box didn't seem to do anything.

To accomplish this, you need to also enter a value in the shipping discount screen for: Restrict to Qualifying Quantity

I entered a 1 in the first box and 0 (no upper limit) in the second box. Then after saving the method you highlight the rule and click Qualifying Products box and select the products to allow the rule.

This seems to be working YEAH!!!

-Kevin
    Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Now that this is working....the next would be to be able to create a coupon code to use for this......only problem is there are multiple prices groups for the multiple shipping methods and coupons can only be attached to 1 price group.

-Kevin
      Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

You can have a coupon attached to multiple price groups. After you create it, click on the coupon from the list view and you will see a price group button, which will allow you to assign more than one group.
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
          You can have a coupon attached to multiple price groups. After you create it, click on the coupon from the list view and you will see a price group button, which will allow you to assign more than one group.
          Well you are correct.....not sure how I missed it before but this is great.

BTW.....do you have the coupon code for MM9 anywhere? I didn't find it in the template changes doc....and we currently use the Emporium module. I need the new built in coupon code for the BASK page.

EDIT:

I found the coupon code:

Code:
          <form method="post" action="&mvte:global:sessionurl;Screen=&mvte:global:Screen;">    <input type="hidden" name="Action" value="ACPN" />
              <input type="hidden" name="Store_Code" value="&mvte:global:Store_Code;" />
              Coupon: <input type="text" name="Coupon_Code"> <mvt:item name="buttons" param="ApplyCoupon" />
          </form>
          Only thing is this doesn't display any message/error when entering a coupon.

-Kevin
          Last edited by lancermedia; 01-23-15, 09:55 AM.
          Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

The error messages are output in the messages array which needs to be added to BASK (or any page you have a coupon box)

Code:
            <mvt:if expr="l.settings:messages:error_message_count">
            	<div class="error-message">
            	<mvt:foreach iterator="error" array="messages:error_messages">
            		&mvt:error;
            	</mvt:foreach>
            	</div>
            	</mvt:if>
            	<mvt:if expr="l.settings:messages:information_message_count">
            	<div class="information-message">
            	<mvt:foreach iterator="message" array="messages:information_messages">
            		&mvt:message;
            	</mvt:foreach>
            	</div>
            	</mvt:if>
            Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by lancermedia View Post
              Ok, I think I figured it out and why the Qualifying box didn't seem to do anything.

To accomplish this, you need to also enter a value in the shipping discount screen for: Restrict to Qualifying Quantity

I entered a 1 in the first box and 0 (no upper limit) in the second box. Then after saving the method you highlight the rule and click Qualifying Products box and select the products to allow the rule.

This seems to be working YEAH!!!

-Kevin

I don't see how your suggestion works. I want to create a shipping method whereby shipping is free if and only if one or more qualifying products is in the basket. To do this, I would assume I would create a Flat Rate Shipping Rule. But, I see nowhere to assign qualifying products to flat rate shipping method once the method has been named. What am I missing?

Also, I would need other shipping methods to kick in if the basket contained any items that do not qualify for free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by skepticwebguy View Post
                I don't see how your suggestion works. I want to create a shipping method whereby shipping is free if and only if one or more qualifying products is in the basket. To do this, I would assume I would create a Flat Rate Shipping Rule. But, I see nowhere to assign qualifying products to flat rate shipping method once the method has been named. What am I missing?

Also, I would need other shipping methods to kick in if the basket contained any items that do not qualify for free shipping.
                The ability to make it free shipping and assign the product is done in marketing
                Mark Hood
                Vermont Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hood View Post
                  The ability to make it free shipping and assign the product is done in marketing
                  How do I prevent all products from being able to be shipped for free once the free shipping method has been created?

What's happening is, once I create the Flat Rate free shipping rule, that free shipping option is showing up during checkout for every customer and for every product. Does this mean I have to go through every product in my store and check the box labelled "Limit Shipping Methods" and then also select only the shipping methods that each product should trigger next to "Permitted Shipping Methods" under each product's "Shipping Rules"?

That doesn't make sense, because, for instance, a product that shouldn't ship for free doesn't have the "free shipping" checkbox checked in the product's Shipping Rules under "Permitted Shipping Methods", yet the free shipping method is still available during checkout…

I've never used the Miva 9 Shipping Rules thusfar. I've been using Emporium Plus's "Number Table Shipping by World Zone, and their "Sort Ship plus Free Shipping" modules. So, nothing is checked on any of my products under the Shipping Rules section.
                  Last edited by skepticwebguy; 05-25-15, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skepticwebguy View Post
                    How do I prevent all products from being able to be shipped for free once the free shipping method has been created?

What's happening is, once I create the Flat Rate free shipping rule, that free shipping option is showing up during checkout for every customer and for every product. Does this mean I have to go through every product in my store and check the box labelled "Limit Shipping Methods" and then also select only the shipping methods that each product should trigger next to "Permitted Shipping Methods" under each product's "Shipping Rules"?

That doesn't make sense, because, for instance, a product that shouldn't ship for free doesn't have the "free shipping" checkbox checked in the product's Shipping Rules under "Permitted Shipping Methods", yet the free shipping method is still available during checkout…

I've never used the Miva 9 Shipping Rules thusfar. I've been using Emporium Plus's "Number Table Shipping by World Zone, and their "Sort Ship plus Free Shipping" modules. So, nothing is checked on any of my products under the Shipping Rules section.
                    In order to have any of those permitted methods active, you have to check the limit shipping methods box, otherwise all methods are allowed. Yes it's a bit of a pain to go through all products, but the easiest way is set one product up, then export. Copy the limit shipping methods data and paste it for all other products and import.

-Kevin
                    Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                    X