• Show
Clear All

Categories with Multiple Pages

Miva Merchant 5.5
    Production Release 8
    Update 12
    Miva Merchant Engine v5.20
    Database API: mysql

We have our system set up to display 30 products per page.

If there are more than 30 products, a Next button is displayed and under the Next button are Products Found and the other page numbers (fine).

If there is a footer for that category, the Products Found and other page numbers and the Next button are split apart and the footer appears in between the two. If the footer is vertically long enough, the Products Found and other page numbers may be pushed down too far for the user to see.

It is our desire to keep the Products Found and page numbers right under the Next button even when there is a category footer.

We are also using ADS Catsmaster and I looked there but could not find where to make an adjustment.

If I look at the source for the page, I see this which displays the Products Found and Page numbers:

Code:
    <TABLE width="100%" border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0>
    <TR>
    <TD><DIV align="right">
    <font face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size="-1"><b>Products Found: 100 </b></font><BR>
    <font face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size="-1">Pages:</font> <font face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size="-1">[1]</font> <font face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size="-1"> <a href="http://www.touchwindow.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TouchWindow&Category_Code=CipherLab9700&view_perpage=&offset=40">2</A> </font><font face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size="-1"> <a href="http://www.touchwindow.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TouchWindow&Category_Code=CipherLab9700&view_perpage=&offset=80">3</A> </font></DIV></TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>
    But I can't find where that is in Miva to see if I can move that hunk of code to always be under the Next button before the footer if there is one.

I would have posted some screen shots but can't see to get that to behave here (could be me) so hopefully that make sense.

Re: Categories with Multiple Pages

Probably better off starting with the standard category product display that miva uses. I can't recall any feature of Catsmaster that's needed these days.

This source code is pretty old and tired by today's standard an is most likely effecting search engine ranking as its hard for SE to figure out the context of information wrapped in numerous (and unnessary) <font face=" blah, blah, blah"> tags.

Actually, at this point, I'd ditch MM5.5 althogether and make a clean 'port' (export/import data only) to M9.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

We are upgrading our development store to 9 (trying) but some other modules seem to be incompatible so they need to be upgraded first.

If an upgrade to M9 and the upgrade is supposed to leave all your custom code intact, I don't see how that would solve anything.

I don't know if that page number stuff is built into Miva or somebody added it before I got here - I thought it was built in but I can't find it (already looked at CTGY page but will look again).

So nobody knows where in Miva displays stuff like this gets displayed:

Products Found: 100

Pages:
      [1] 2 3

Comment

The ADT Catmaster docs shed some light on your question:

http://www.stlads.com/miva/help/cats.../advtempl.html

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X