Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn off Popular Deals in Bootstrap

Hi there

Wondering if someone can tell me how to turn off the Popular Deals section that appears on the home page when using the Bootstrap Skin. The Image Machine pixelates the images (and they are going up high res to start) so I am better off doing my own deals using clear images.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Turn off Popular Deals in Bootstrap

The reason they look distorted is because your images sizes are not that same as what is setup in the framework. You can easily change the size of the images to match the framework layout. It is expecting images that are 144px on each side.

To change this click the left menu, then the arrow next to the work utilities, then click the on ReadyTheme.

Then at top click the Product Listings tab. You should see a "featured-product" entry. (This is also where you can de-activate it completely if you wish) Click this row and click the edit icon. In the popup there will be a section to change the image width and height to whatever you want.

Also, in the CSS it is limiting the width to 144px. If you do change the width, you will also want to edit the CSS (style.css line 843)

Code:
    • category-item .item-image img { padding: 5px 0px; max-height: 144px; max-width: 144px; width: auto; display: block; margin: 0 auto; }
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thank you, I may bring it back when I have cheaper product. Good to know.
      Last edited by leepat; 01-26-15, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Okay in my left menu there is no "Work Utilities"

Home
        Catalogue
        Customers
        Markeing and so on - but no Work Utilities.

The one complaint I have about 9 is where things are tucked in and this one I cant find. Its minor complaint because I LOVE 9.. and I usually hunt things down. But today... can you give me a better idea where this is I can make it go away? I did turn OFF the category in the Catalog but it still shows up.
        Last edited by leepat; 01-26-15, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leepat View Post
          Okay in my left menu there is no "Work Utilities"

Home
          Catalogue
          Customers
          Markeing and so on - but no Work Utilities.

The one complaint I have about 9 is where things are tucked in and this one I cant find. Its minor complaint because I LOVE 9.. and I usually hunt things down. But today... can you give me a better idea where this is I can make it go away? I did turn OFF the category in the Catalog but it still shows up.
          I think Brennan mean to type 'the word Utilities' but typed 'the work Utilities' instead.
          Gordon Currie
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you - I assumed as much.

But when I go to "Utilities" I am not offered any such ability.

I get Utilities > Custom Fields, Custom Field Groups, Add Remove Modules. None of these offer me a way to do what I need.

So I ask again.. how do I get to the section where I can remove the Popular Deals.

Comment

Click the arrow to the right of the word Utilities.

Or alternatively type the word Ready Themes in the universal search nav up top.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]
              https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hello

Heh... Yes I tried that. Here below is what I get. (Image Management > A list of all my images and no Ready Themes)
                I will try the search instead but thought I might let you know..

Comment

And just to make things more fun.. I click HOME and then use the search tool (top right) and get the below...

Comment

Heh sooo

Home > User Interface > Pages > Storefront

Removed the <mvt:item name="featured_products" /> line

Seems to have done the trick.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X