Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PaPal refund failed: You do not have permissions to make this API call (10002)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PaPal refund failed: You do not have permissions to make this API call (10002)

I tried to issue a refund on a PayPal order from the store and got this message:

Refund Failed: Unable to authorize payment: You do not have permissions to make this API call (10002)

Any Ideas how to correct this.

Thanks

Paul

Re: PaPal refund failed: You do not have permissions to make this API call (10002)

Originally posted by meum71 View Post
    I tried to issue a refund on a PayPal order from the store and got this message:

Refund Failed: Unable to authorize payment: You do not have permissions to make this API call (10002)

Any Ideas how to correct this.

Thanks

Paul
    What PayPal module did this go through? Was the order paid with a PayPal account?
    Jim McCormick
    Miva Merchant Support
    866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

Re: PaPal refund failed: You do not have permissions to make this API call (10002)

PayPal Payment Details:Express Checkout through PayPal

Authorized: $29.15
      Captured: $29.15
      Refunded: $0.00
      Net Captured: $29.15
      Payment Type: PayPal Payments Pro

Correction:

I havePayPal Express Checkout and/or Payments Proassigned, and I do not remember setting up the Express PayPal Check out part (there is no information filled out on the page) . I made the refund on PayPal's site.
      Last edited by meum71; 01-30-15, 01:43 PM.

Comment

The PayPal Express Checkout and/or Payments Pro module handles orders paid with a paypal account and orders paid with a credit card. If the order was paid for with a PayPal account rather than a credit card than you cannot refund it inside of the admin interface.
        Jim McCormick
        Miva Merchant Support
        866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

OK, never had this problem before....so I must never have had to issue a refund on a PayPal account.

Thank you for the help

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X