Upgrade Process for Production MM5.8.12 to Dev MM9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade Process for Production MM5.8.12 to Dev MM9

As I was asleep at the switch in Nov. I am now racing to beat the 02/15/2015 upgrade date. I am still working on bring the production site data on to our Dev site MM9. I was wondering how the actual transfer of the Dev Site to a Production Site is handled?
    If it was covered here in the forums I missed it.
    Along those as lines what is cost of the fine for failing to meeting the 02/15/2015 upgrade date?

Many Thanks
    Dave C.
    Dave C
    The Window Technicians, Inc.
    Andersen Window and Door Hardware
    http://www.parts-aw.com

Re: Upgrade Process for Production MM5.8.12 to Dev MM9

Covered here a few posts below:
    http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...049#post427049

The 'fee' is $50 per month while you are 'out of compliance.'
    The deadline is Feb 12 2015.
    Last edited by Gordon - Phosphor Media; 01-31-15, 10:40 AM.
    Gordon Currie
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

dcatel,

Typically, we only use a "dev" site to "test" upgrades. We run the upgrade on the actual live site (while in maintenance mode). At least for Merchant 5.5 CSSUI to Merchant 9 upgrades. Basically the test run on the dev site lets you find all (if any) possible additional steps that are needed. For example, a custom module that needs updating.

Now, if you are trying to go from an MMUI Merchant 5.5 site, and want to ditch the "old" MMUI mark up, you'll want to build a new site (and import catalog/custer) data into a fresh install of Merchant 9 on a dev site, so not sure why you are bringing the data from the live site to the new site. You either have your host copy the old site and do the update (as a test), or start with a fresh copy and then just use the catalog (category/product), customer and order exports to the new site.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks to All the Responders,

Bruce,

The transition is from MM5 - MMUI to MM9-CSSUI. I have done as you stated but, while I have to say the export/import was somewhat of a time saver, it was short in a number of ways. The ability to export/import attributes was way short. We use a lot of attributes many with links to additional information. Anyway lets say it was not an easy transfer.

Again Thank You I'll Take any help I can get.
        Dave C
        Dave C
        The Window Technicians, Inc.
        Andersen Window and Door Hardware
        http://www.parts-aw.com

Comment

Working...
        X