Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva Merchant Additional Store License Questions

Hey there,

Don't know if this is the right place, but the additional storefront will be a bootstrap framework, so here I am. Feel free to move if needed. I Just want to make sure that this license will work for the store owner that already uses a Miva application hosted with miva.com. They definitely want the additional store to have its own branding, domain name, look...like a separate store...with only some cross-over of products.

Some questions (and please feel free to feed me any other info you see fit that I may need):

1. Will the additional storefront have its own SSL and merchant account? Meaning, can I use the same SSL and merchant account that is already in use in the existing store?
    2. The additional store will be totally separate including checkout and emails from the existing store, correct?
    3. I can use a different domain name (URL) than the one in the existing store?
    4. Modules - are these shared between the stores (existing and additional store license) or not? How does this work?
    5. Some products would be only in the store which will have the additional store license, and other products will cross over from the additional store to the existing store. This is workable?

Sorry if these have been answered before, but search didn't turn up much in details. I did find this link in a Google Search but it got me a not found page: http://apps.miva.com/product/sync0002.html

Thanks,

Jamie
    Jamie Donaldson
    JSDVS Web Design / Development
    Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Re: Miva Merchant Additional Store License Questions

Will the additional storefront have its own SSL and merchant account? Meaning, can I use the same SSL and merchant account that is already in use in the existing store?
    The additional store will be totally separate including checkout and emails from the existing store, correct?
    I can use a different domain name (URL) than the one in the existing store?
    Modules - are these shared between the stores (existing and additional store license) or not? How does this work?
    Some products would be only in the store which will have the additional store license, and other products will cross over from the additional store to the existing store. This is workable?
    1. It'll use the same SSL as the primary store, since it shares the same domain. But it would have it's own Merchant Account.
    2. Yes
    3. No (it's the same root domain with a different either / or subdomain attached
    4. Yes shared between stores
    5. The databases are totally separate so you'd have to re-enter any data you wanted.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
      3. No (it's the same root domain with a different either / or subdomain attached
      Okay, #3 is what will stop them from using the additional store license, since they'll want a new domain name and not a subdomain of the existing store either. I'll advise them to go with another Miva admin and account for their additional storefront.

I will keep the rest in mind should other clients be interested in a setup like that.

Thanks for the info, Rick.

Jamie
      Jamie Donaldson
      JSDVS Web Design / Development
      Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Comment

For what it's worth, exactly what you asked for is the root of what we're planning (or part of it anyway) for Version 10, but that's roughly 2 years out.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

So, whats the benefit to running an "additional" store as opposed to just Another store? (it used to be just "cost" but with new licensing, I doubt that make much of a difference.)
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Frankly, there's virtually no reason to use the old Additional Stores in this day and age. But there's enough out there that they'll continue to exist (at least for legacy purposes).
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X