Affiliates with a twist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affiliates with a twist

I have a client that needs an affiliate/commission-type setup. Here is the gist of what they want/need:

1. The basic idea is the client sells to X Company as a program their staff can log onto and use the code for discounted products, so state sales reps can go to departments, sign them up and then get their commission based on sales in their state by that code.
    2. Need to be able to have codes for customers to use, which will be passed out to the customers by their sales reps. These codes will identify the sales rep. (This is why I am unsure that the built in Affiliate module will work, since it works with links. )

I hope this is understandable by someone...

If you can think of a way that the Affiliate module will work or any ideas otherwise, it will be greatly appreciated! Maybe even a different module out there that can do this or one that can be modified to work?

Jamie
    Jamie Donaldson
    JSDVS Web Design / Development
    Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Re: Affiliates with a twist

The viking codes affiliate manager module has a built in box to accept the affiliate code.

However you can easily add it with the built in Module as well. Just create a form with an input for the affiliate code. As long as the input is named "Affiliate"

Someone submitting this form will have the same impact of them clicking on a link. It will track them to that code.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
      The viking codes affiliate manager module has a built in box to accept the affiliate code.

However you can easily add it with the built in Module as well. Just create a form with an input for the affiliate code. As long as the input is named "Affiliate"

Someone submitting this form will have the same impact of them clicking on a link. It will track them to that code.
      Okay, to use the built in module by adding a form, am I close with this form?:

<form method="post" action="http://www.yourdomain.com">
      <imput type="hidden" name="action" value="Affiliate">
      <imput type="hidden" name="screen" value="SFNT">
      <input type="hidden" name="Store_Code" value="&mvte:store:code;" />

<input type="text" name="Affiliate" value="" placeholder="Enter Affiliate Code" />
      <input type="submit" value="submit"

</form>

And again...using the built in module...I can add this form named Affiliate to the basket or even product display page and it will pass on the commission to the correct rep with no problem, correct?

Each rep would have their own code using the built in module, correct?

Jamie
      Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Yep you can remove the Action hidden input. It is not needed.

You can use it anywhere but you'll need to update the screen so it leaves the customer on their current screen.
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Yep you can remove the Action hidden input. It is not needed.
          Good deal...easy enough.

You can use it anywhere but you'll need to update the screen so it leaves the customer on their current screen.
          So, if I leave the screen value blank, I am good. Excellent! ...and of course, I'll spell input correctly as well. :)

You are the best Brennan! You made something I thought would be really difficult to come by when I started this thread to be something that will be extremely easy!! Thank you!!

Jamie
          Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Working...
          X