X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Miva Empresa 5.21 on Win 7 & Server 2008 R2

Hi All,

One comment and a couple of questions.

For me, copying the file MivaVMIIS7_schema.xml to %WINDIR%\System32\Inetsrv\Config\Schema did not work. The configuration sections did not appear in the configuration editor. Turns out I needed to "register IIS7 configuration sections." This tool did the work with one command line. You must run cmd as administrator for this to work.
    http://mvolo.com/iisschemaexe-a-tool...tion-sections/

Three questions:
    1) is there a document that explains each of the configuration items? I'm unfamiliar with many of them.

2) When adding the libraries, in Collection Editor, the items pane has a column for "Entry Path". But this is not configurable in the properties pane. I'm confused. I'm hoping for a clarification.

3) What is the "Code" property used for when adding libraries? I notice it is a non required string field.

Lastly, Corp Miva - many, many thanks for releasing support for IIS7.

-mike
    Last edited by MLT; 02-05-15, 11:03 AM.

Re: Installing Miva Empresa 5.20 on Win 7 & Server 2008 R2

You can't install 5.20 on IIS7 with Win 2008.

You'll need to use 5.21 released this week to do it.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Re: Installing Miva Empresa 5.20 on Win 7 & Server 2008 R2

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
      You can't install 5.20 on IIS7 with Win 2008.

You'll need to use 5.21 released this week to do it.
      Rick,

This is using 5.21 - my error! Sheeze.

-mike

Comment

Re: Installing Miva Empresa 5.21 on Win 7 & Server 2008 R2

There is not any IIS7-specific documentation on the configuration settings. There is a very old configuration reference manual here:

http://docs.smallbusiness.miva.com/e...nce_manual.htm

At a bare minimum, you will need to configure libraries, paths/data (points to mivadata directory), and paths/root (points to web root). If you need SSL support for MvCALL, you will also have to configure paths/ca, which should point to the appropriate subdirectory of the mivavm-v5.21/certs/ directory for your installed version of OpenSSL.

If you have a specific question about any other configuration setting, just post it here.

Originally posted by MLT View Post
        2) When adding the libraries, in Collection Editor, the items pane has a column for "Entry Path". But this is not configurable in the properties pane. I'm confused. I'm hoping for a clarification.
        This is the IIS configuration path at which the entry is set. I assume it's displayed to show you if the value is set explicitly at the location where you are editing the configuration, or inherited from a parent node. You can ignore it.

Originally posted by MLT View Post
        3) What is the "Code" property used for when adding libraries? I notice it is a non required string field.
        The code property is used when registering database libraries (MySQL or MivaSQL), commerce libraries (LinkPoint), or system libraries (GD). It is not used for builtin function libraries.

Comment

Burch,

Thanks for the config info and answers. No problems getting 5.21 empresa to work with iis7. A big thanks to Miva for releasing and supporting iis.

-mike

Originally posted by burch View Post
          There is not any IIS7-specific documentation on the configuration settings. There is a very old configuration reference manual here:

http://docs.smallbusiness.miva.com/e...nce_manual.htm

At a bare minimum, you will need to configure libraries, paths/data (points to mivadata directory), and paths/root (points to web root). If you need SSL support for MvCALL, you will also have to configure paths/ca, which should point to the appropriate subdirectory of the mivavm-v5.21/certs/ directory for your installed version of OpenSSL.

If you have a specific question about any other configuration setting, just post it here.

This is the IIS configuration path at which the entry is set. I assume it's displayed to show you if the value is set explicitly at the location where you are editing the configuration, or inherited from a parent node. You can ignore it.

The code property is used when registering database libraries (MySQL or MivaSQL), commerce libraries (LinkPoint), or system libraries (GD). It is not used for builtin function libraries.

Comment

Hi I've installed MIVA Empresa 5.22
            But when tring to browse setup.mvc i'm getting the error
            Fatal error in mm5\setup.mvc @ [00000000:0000035e]: setup.mv: Line 50: Unresolved call to external function 'glosub'
            The strange thing is that the library count on the Configuration Editor reads 0
            iis.jpg
            I've installed open SSL 64 bits and when prompted the dlls where copied to the /bin of the open ssl folder.
            What am I missing?
            Regards
            Last edited by Dothan; 02-12-15, 08:47 AM.

Comment

For IIS7 you have to manually add a library entry for each builtin function DLL in the mivavm-v5.22\lib\builtins directory. As mentioned above, the code field is left blank/empty for builtin function libraries.

You will probably also want to register the MivaSQL and MySQL database libraries, in mivavm-v5.22\lib\databases. They will need a code value of "MivaSQL" and "MySQL", respectively.

Comment

Hi I did that, now i'm having the following issue with the gd library:

Miva Merchant encountered a fatal error during upgrade. The upgrade process has been aborted.
                Error Code: PRODUCTION-8-00004
                Description: Pre-install validation failed. No modifications have been made to the existing installation. The following issue must be resolved before installation can continue:
                Unable to validate functionality of the GD builtin function library: System library 'GD' is not registered
                After this issue has been resolved, please select Restart Failed Installation
                If you would like assistance with resolving this error click the Submit Error Report button below and a Miva Merchant Support Technician will contact you as soon as possible
                I've dowloaded the gd library from
                http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...hlight=bgd.dll

and manually added the librtary entry in IIS as
                Type:System
                Code:GD
                Library: path to BGD.dll
                What am i missing?
                Regards
                Last edited by Dothan; 02-12-15, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Fixed the the issue with the GD, had to download the source code and compile a 64bit version.
                  If needed let me know, i can send it by email or private.
                  Thank you

Comment

I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM WITH MIVA EMPRESA
                    I was able to successfully install it on IIS 8.5 (Windows 8.1), when i went and installed everything on windows 2012 r2 it crashed, to the point that the entire server was unable to work, not even a standard html was working.
                    So I went and installed everything again in a Windows 2008 R2 x64, but now miva empresa is not recognizing my files, every time i try to browse ,for example domain.com/diagtools.mvc, it tries to download the file instead of executing it, the handler, the module, all is in place, what else can be missing?
                    PS: i had to set "enable 32 bits" to true on the application pool or else the pool crashes, i downloaded the 64 bits of miva empresa and the server is 64 bits.
                    Regards
                    Last edited by Dothan; 02-18-15, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X