MM9 Variant Image tutorial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MM9 Variant Image tutorial?

Have watched a video but it is a old version showing steps that don't exist in MM9.

Want the main image to change to a larger specific image when the small swatch is selected.

Have attributes set up. When I click on them there is only one image path (swatch) that I can add. It seems that you have to have inventory selected to generate variants of the attributes. Which then enables an extra option of: Add image to option part products. Okay then I do that. And nothing changes.
    Last edited by entrepre7; 02-07-15, 11:57 AM.

Re: MM9 Variant Image tutorial?

Originally posted by entrepre7 View Post
    Have watched a video but it is a old version showing steps that don't exist in MM9.

Want the main image to change to a larger specific image when the small swatch is selected.

Have attributes set up. When I click on them there is only one image path (swatch) that I can add. It seems that you have to have inventory selected to generate variants of the attributes. Which then enables an extra option of: Add image to option part products. Okay then I do that. And nothing changes.
    Hey I think this is the functionality you are looking for http://hmendenhall.mivamerchantdev.c...ber-ducks.html

1. Create attributes for product.
    NOTE: Make sure inventory is checked for each attribute. Do not forget to add an image for each attribute option.

2. Generate variants

3. Go to the products tab and make sure each variant has an image with the type of main
    EX: Rubber Ducks color:green
    NOTE: If you do not see your variants. Click this button 37156d1d4e.png and select all

I hope this helps

Please and Thank You
    Happie Mendenhall
    Support Technician
    Miva, Inc.

Comment

Are you doing this with a ready theme by chance?
      Mark Hood
      Vermont Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hood View Post
        Are you doing this with a ready theme by chance?
        Yes, Mark I am using the base Readytheme.

Are you having a hard time following my directions?
        Happie Mendenhall
        Support Technician
        Miva, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by hmendenhall View Post
          Yes, Mark I am using the base Readytheme.

Are you having a hard time following my directions?
          Um nope but I was wondering if they were using Suviant because of the problem I had doing the same thing as seen in this thread.
          http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...e-images-popup
          Mark Hood
          Vermont Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hood View Post
            Um nope but I was wondering if they were using Suviant because of the problem I had doing the same thing as seen in this thread.
            http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...e-images-popup
            Hey Mark you might want to submit a ticket to support with a high detailed description on what the issue is.
            I would like a developer to take a quick peek at it since it involves javascript.
            Happie Mendenhall
            Support Technician
            Miva, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by hmendenhall View Post
              Hey Mark you might want to submit a ticket to support with a high detailed description on what the issue is.
              I would like a developer to take a quick peek at it since it involves javascript.
              I'm really sorry that this got confusing... I was really just trying to see if the original poster was using the broken Suviant theme. Matt Zimmerman had already fixed the problem I was originally having in that other post. I am however surprised that with all the changes I keep seeing to Suviant the changelog does not appear to be getting updated.
              Mark Hood
              Vermont Gear

Comment

Working...
              X