NEW - GD Ratings & Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - GD Ratings & Reviews

We're proud to announce the official release of our new GD Ratings & Reviews module for Miva! This initial release offers extensive features and ease of use out of the gate, while providing a solid platform for future expansion based on your feedback. We are committed to the long term growth and support of this module in the Miva community knowing full well the issues that have surounded this feature in the past.

• Easily change star rating icons with Font Awesome
    • Review snapshot displays
    • Additional rating types
    • Store ratings/testimonials
    • Mail after review request (X days from order or shipment)
    • Approve, disapprove and delete reviews
    • Recommended product
    • Verified reviewer
    • Review import
    • Spam and abuse protection with Google's new reCAPTCHA
    • Customer review status email notification
    • Merchant review email notification
    • 100% template based for advanced customization
    • Structured data/rich snippets support
    • Review import

Introductory Price: $249.00
    Module docs: https://licensing.glendaledesigns.com/docs/gd-ratings

You can purchase this module through Glendale Designs by contacting us direct or via the new Miva App Store: http://apps.miva.com/product/GD-RATINGS.html

Feel free to post any pre-sale questions to this forum thread, via private message or through the contact information provided in my signature.

Re: NEW - GD Ratings & Reviews

Congratulations!
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Yippie! Questions...
      1. Structured data/rich snippets support... Are the reviews visible in the page source code so the bots can see them?
      2. Can customers write their review within the post purchase email they receive or must they return to the site?
      3. Is there an annual license renewal fee?

Thanks, Diana
      Diana Hall
      http://aGardenPlace.com

Comment

1. Structured data/rich snippets support... Are the reviews visible in the page source code so the bots can see them?
        They are fully template based and visible to the search engines, so you can easily apply structured data according to schema.org.

2. Can customers write their review within the post purchase email they receive or must they return to the site?
        They need to return to the site with this initial release, however this is on our radar (to use Rick terminology) for a future release. There are also some technical considerations with passing this data to Miva making it a more complicated feature to implement.

3. Is there an annual license renewal fee?
        We will be going to either an annual license or per upgrade fee model in the near future. There are a number of unknowns with Miva's new app store and associated license management/upgrade system, so we have not finalized this yet. We tend to think the per upgrade model is better at keeping developers honest in adding new features, bug fixes and offering quality support, so we are leaning in that direction. Miva's app store may go to an annual license fee model so that's the reason for the hesitation with this. Any feedback on this topic would be appreciated.

Comment

Nice.
          Would the upgrade fee or license renewal be the same no matter where you purchase? Or might you go with an upgrade fee, but Miva's app store require an annual renewal ? Just trying to figure out if it matters where I purchase.
          Diana Hall

Comment

Would the upgrade fee or license renewal be the same no matter where you purchase? Or might you go with an upgrade fee, but Miva's app store require an annual renewal ? Just trying to figure out if it matters where I purchase.
            I can say right now everything is running through our own internal license manager, so it really doesn't matter which place you purchase from at this time. We really don't know at this point if we will adopt Miva's internal license manager once finalized, or if it will eventually become required to sell on the app store, so there is the potential for change down the road either way.

From a business standpoint, we prefer you purchase direct whenever possible, however we realize the app store offers 24/7 convenience.

Comment

SOLD! Thanks for your hard work on this module. It is very much needed after the void created by the issues with Yotpo.
              Diana Hall

Comment

SOLD! Thanks for your hard work on this module. It is very much needed after the void created by the issues with Yotpo.
                Diana,

Greatly appreciated and we hope you like it. Our team worked extremely hard on this module in an accelerated time frame due to Yotpo and Sebenza checking out.

Any feedback, feature requests, integration or support needs, please feel free to reach out to us.

Comment

One feature I'd like to see is not having to navigate to a given product to write a review.

Rather, I have a link on my site that reads "Write A Product Review" which takes you to a page where you then choose from a product list (or search I suppose, if you have lots of products) which product to review. Such a feature would serve at least two purposes that I can think of off the top of my head (and that clients have asked for over the years):

1) Solicit reviews from your website: Having a "Write A Product Review" link in your global footer (or wherever) would help merchants solicit reviews as opposed to having to navigate to a certain product, which is not intuitive to some customers.

2) Solicit reviews in email blasts: With a "Write A Product Review" page you could easily solicit reviews in email blasts not generated by standard Miva post-order follow up emails (where the system knows what products have been ordered). In other words, I could send an email blast and ask for product reviews not needing to know which (or if) products have been purchased. Just link to the "Write A Product Review" page. This wouldn't work if you needed order verification, but would be fine otherwise.

Of course, you could have a "Write A Product Review" page that instructs customers to navigate to the product they want to review. But a feature like this would be more intuitive and simpler for end users.
                  Guy Turck
                  The Glass Baby Bottle - Toxin Free Essentials for Babies & Toddlers

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
                    Feel free to post any pre-sale questions to this forum thread, via private message or through the contact information provided in my signature.
                    Dan,

What is the process for importing reviews from Sebenza's module? We are interested in your module, but only if we can import our thousands of reviews from the old Sebenza module.

Thanks,
                    Eric

Comment

Originally posted by SpeakerRepair.com View Post
                      What is the process for importing reviews from Sebenza's module? We are interested in your module, but only if we can import our thousands of reviews from the old Sebenza module.
                      To follow-up, I see the import instructions in the documentation, but how do we get the data out of Sebenza in order to import it?

Thanks,
                      Eric

Comment

Hey Eric,

Yes, Sebenza reviews can be imported into our new module via the import feature. We are prepping a knowledge base article as we speak, will post the link here as soon as it's finished.

Comment

Here is the example query to export Sebenza Reviews and Ratings via database for import into GD Ratings & Reviews:
                          http://glendaledesigns.com/knowledge...views-ratings/

As always, if you wish to have Glendale Designs perform this task, please contact us directly.

Comment

Guy,

Thank you for the feature request, it has been noted. Keep that feedback coming ;)

Comment

Added Yotpo review export instructions: http://glendaledesigns.com/knowledge...reviews-yotpo/

Comment

Working...
                              X