Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Upgraded to GA universal analytics code and ecommerce tracking stopped

Originally posted by afiumano View Post
    I am having problems with this as well. I have been trying to modify the miva settings and testing it each day, but it just isn't tracking the ecommerce data at all. I have had to resort back to 'classic' to get things to work on several stores. Reverting it to 'classic' at least tracks the ecommerce data again.

I have 'enhanced analytics' enabled in the analytic's accounts itself.

I did what Preston suggested with selecting 'enhanced ecommerce' mode in miva and putting the GA Tracking code tab in Point and click mode and clicking update.

But I am still not getting the ecommerce data.

Are there other steps to getting the ecommerce data to track properly? What other settings need to be checked? I have at least a half dozen stores that I need to get this working right in so any help would be appreciated.
    I ended up having to work with google on this who basically told me there are problems/bugs with Miva's code and they had me switch back to classic which I have had no problems with since.
    Mark Hood
    Vermont Gear

Comment

The way I got it to work is I used a if clause and pasted in the global footer. What I mean is

<mvt:if expr="g.Screen EQ 'INVC' ">

display the ecommerce tracking with regular GA universal code

<mvt:else>

display regular GA universal code
      display Remarketing Code

</mvt:if>

I am also displaying the Bing Tracking and Facebook Tracking using the same if statement

Thanks
      Keyboard Not Found..... Press F1 to continue

Comment

Just to add my two cents, this all really comes down to exactly what type of Google Analytics you are trying to implement on your store. There are currently three types/methods in the latest version of Miva:

Classic (ga.js) - this method is pretty much end of life, however it will continue to function as long as deprecated functions are not used
        Universal Analytics (analytics.js)
        Universal Enhanced Ecommerce (analytics.js)

Here is where this all falls apart in Miva right now. The initial Miva 9 release only included Classic and Universal Enhanced Ecommerce, assuming that Universal Analytics w/ Standard Ecommerce Tracking was dead. (they are both valid integration methods depending on your specific needs) When Miva 9.0001 was released, Universal Analytics was added back in, however the standard ecommerce tracking component was left out for some reason.

The majority of our Google Analytics integrations for Miva are Universal Analytics with Standard Ecommerce. We developed our own code snippet for this method, which we apply to the Universal Analytics option accordingly. (we have seen users implement on top of Classic and Enhanced Ecommerce as well)

The good news is Miva has stated this will get it all resolved in the next release, but it is definitely a bit of a confusing mess right now.
        Last edited by Dan - Glendale Designs; 03-06-15, 11:08 AM.

Comment

sorry to bring this back from the dead but I started running into this same problem and seemed to have started to get it fixed. What I am running into now is on real-time page it isn't showing product page it is defaulting to (not set). Do I need to make a tweak somewhere since I am using short links?
          Chris Dye
          http://www.kseriesparts.com

Comment

Working...
          X