No announcement yet.

Please specify a number with 2 digits or less to the right of the decimal point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please specify a number with 2 digits or less to the right of the decimal point

Is there a way to set the price to include three digits to the right of the decimal?

I have an item that is 0.176

Paul

Re: Please specify a number with 2 digits or less to the right of the decimal point

Miva's database is hard-coded with two digits after the decimal point in many important table columns. So it's not practical to change the internal operation of the store. BUT ... a store can get around this limitation by the crude-but-effective technique of storing prices in the DB that are ten times actual vale, and then using a currency module that will divide the prices by ten when displaying them.

I've written a currency module that can do this. There's a little more to it: the module has to be able to work with other modules, such as tax and shipping modules, that don't know about the times-10 adjustment. It might be lot of work for a single product; but if you're interested in this, you can drop me a line by email to discuss it further.
    Kent Multer
    Magic Metal Productions
    http://TheMagicM.com
    * Web developer/designer
    * E-commerce and Miva
    * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

Re: Please specify a number with 2 digits or less to the right of the decimal point

Thank you Kent for your response and explanation. At this moment in time I have one item that needs the third place, and the customer reliable orders in quantities of 500, in the past they were paying a "normal" price of 0.15 but they have decided to pay us now .176. So I guess what will happen from now on is that the item will be sold as a unit of 100 instead of as a single unit.

Again thank you for your help, and hopefully others will note this thread and find a use for your currency module.

Paul

Comment

Working...
      X