Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I convert legacy images to Image Machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I convert legacy images to Image Machine?

I'm working with a developer on a new site. We've decided to move to the image machine, previously we just had custom fields with 'Alternate Image 1,2,3,4' as custom fields that took an image URL.

That meant, if I wanted to upload 100 new/update images, I could use FTP to bulk upload the images, and a CSV import to update paths and it would take minutes.

Is there anything like this for the image machine? I have 1,800 products and it would seem ridiculous to update the images one by one to use the image machine.

Ideally, I'm looking for a bulk image assignment via CSV or something quick for the image machine for large numbers of images.

(the batch image assignment is slow point and click and my files already exist on the server, so I don't need to re-upload.)

Any ideas/help?

TIA

Re: How do I convert legacy images to Image Machine?

If your file names follow a pattern (IE CODE-1, CODE-2) you could do a product import and fill the path with the path to your image... you could also do an export, move the custom fields to the stock multiple image fields, and then import... I think this would work for what you are describing.

Comment

If you haven't already done this you will want to enable Product Image Custom Fields. (Utility Settings > Add/Remove Modules) Then create new Image types for as many custom fields as you currently use.

You can then export your current custom fields to get the path / copy it to the new custom image field and import them. Do the import repeatedly one custom image field at a time to keep the display order you want.
      Last edited by Mark Hood; 02-14-15, 01:07 PM.
      Mark Hood
      Vermont Gear

Comment

It is pretty quick and easy to do.

1) Setup the image machine and create your new Image Types.
        2) Export Products (including the custom fields you created to map the alternate images) Open file in Excel and delete all field other than item number and image URLs you want to import into the image machine.
        3) Import the file you exported using the Legacy Product Import and map the Custom Field image URLs that you created to the new Image Types that you newly created.

Total time is about 20 minutes. (I did the same basic thing when I created a new site and needed to get the images from an existing site)
        Jim Sisk
        Uncommon Treasures

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hood View Post
          If you haven't already done this you will want to enable Product Image Custom Fields. (Utility Settings > Add/Remove Modules) Then create new Image types for as many custom fields as you currently use.

You can then export your current custom fields to get the path / copy it to the new custom image field and import them. Do the import repeatedly one custom image field at a time to keep the display order you want.

Great, thanks so much. Just saved a lot of time with that.

Comment

One at a time? We have over 20,000 images. You think miva could have released a conversion tool just for this, especially when your moving from MMUI to CSSUI. The man hours are really racking up.

Thanks

Kevin
            www.automotiveworkwear.com

Comment

Originally posted by Krsullivan View Post
              One at a time? We have over 20,000 images. You think miva could have released a conversion tool just for this, especially when your moving from MMUI to CSSUI. The man hours are really racking up.

Thanks

Kevin
              One custom field column at a time. If you have say front, side, and back image types.

Do one custom product image field import with two fields product code and front
              then
              Do another import with product field and side
              then
              Do another product field and image type back
              etc

Three imports 20,000 records at a time and this will insure they stay in the order you want them to appear. Hope that makes more sense for you.
              Last edited by Mark Hood; 02-19-15, 05:47 AM.
              Mark Hood
              Vermont Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hood View Post
                20,000 records
                this was just a number you can do it with 390,000 products if you want
                Mark Hood
                Vermont Gear

Comment

Mark,

Thank you, this actually helped me visualize this better.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                  X