Payments via PayPal-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payments via PayPal-R

Using William's PayPal module in a newly upgraded 9 store, always results in the below message on the PayPal site.
    Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix?
    Thanks!
    Cameron

There appears to be a delay processing your payment at PayPal. If you do not receive an email confirmation from our store within the next 30 minutes, please contact us. Click retry in a few minutes if you want to display the invoice.
    Trent Studios, LLC
    Graphic Design, Website Design
    TrentStudios.com
    (970) 568-8652

Re: Payments via PayPal-R

Why use that module and not the built in Paypal Standard?
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

I thought William's did more, but looking at the built-in one, it looks good, so I'll give that a try.
      Thanks!
      Cameron
      Trent Studios, LLC
      Graphic Design, Website Design
      TrentStudios.com
      (970) 568-8652

Comment

Yeah I don't think there's much difference any more.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Same here. Shouldn't this module have been flagged during the update? We can't find the orders that have been placed since upgrading. We (and our customers) receive the PayPal confirmations, but the orders are nowhere to be found.

We have another use of PayPal on our site that requires we enter a success page into their admin. By using PayPal-R we were able to get the Miva confirmation to complete properly. I believe the only way we could to that was to choose "Include IPN as a hidden input" (which I know is less secure.)

Would the built-in module now handle this properly? I've had a ticket open on this since last week, but I don't know how to proceed.

Comment

We're in the same situation. Paypal part completes, but no order is generated.
            Has anyone switched from Paypal-R to the builtin paypal standard? Any surprises? I've not touched this in so many years, I'm not even sure I remember how it's set up.

And Paypal is conspicuously missing from the Miva 9 User Guide. Really?? There isn't even a Payment configuration section in that doc it seems. Is there some other doc that has this in it?
            Last edited by jleiii; 02-19-15, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Yes, we switched earlier this week from PayPal-R to the built-in PayPal Express Checkout and it was easy as can be. Took about 5 minutes or so (once you get your credentials after logging into PayPal) and we then deactivated the old "R." Open a ticket if you want Miva to help you.

Comment

Hi, I am having the same problem after upgrading to Miva 9 with One Page Checkout by DesignExtend. The PayPal-R module is not returning the customers back to the order confirmation. I tried check marking the "Include IPN as a hidden input" but that didn't work. I have checked all the settings on the PayPal site as well w/o any luck. I have tried to email everyone as DesignExtend seems to be out of business.

I tried the built in PayPal Standard module but that goes directly to the order confirmation page instead of PayPal for the payment.

Any help will be apprecaited.
                Thanks.
                Omar Waheed
                http://dar-us-salam.com
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Dar-us-Salam Publications
                Worship the Creator, not the Creations!

Comment

Hi Omar -

Can you send in a ticket to our support team ([email protected])

The standard Paypal module should work just fine, but there is most likely something with your One Page Checkout preventing it form working correctly.
                  Brennan Heyde
                  VP Product
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X